Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Make your own bellows for less than a dollar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Make your own bellows for less than a dollar Reply with quote

http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=default
Interesting page on it, but stops short of showing the folding technique. Must dig around some more.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, Dave!

I'm back to work so my spare time is very low.
So I cannot afford big projects, time to things like fixing the Isolette II bellows. That pointer comes very handy. Smile

Do you know if there is any adjustment to do after changing the bellows?

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes, with such a major disturbance the lens will have to be set up for proper focus registration again. From what I've read so far it seems straightforward enough and if the lens is apart for cleaning or de-gunking that would have to be done anyway.
I'll probably try the translucent paper method across the back and adjust the focusing for ~10m then set the lens marker at that. It seems many of these cams were optimised for family / group shots and 5 - 10m is probably the sweet spot, although the best lenses are excellent at any distance, as you would expect.