Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tomioka Auto Revuenon 55mm f/1.2 m42 screw mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Tomioka Auto Revuenon 55mm f/1.2 m42 screw mount Reply with quote

I purchased this lens for a few bucks a few days ago. It is soft wide open, yet it performs extremely well in low light conditions. I'm aware of it's price on ebay, and I'm glad I managed to get it for ~$50.
Here are a few photos I took with this lens, all of them were taken @f1.2 and iso 400 or 800.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it labelled to Tomioka you made a damn fine deal, nice presentation!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for the bargain, and very moody shots ... #2 Shocked

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila and Tobias.
Attila, it's labelled Tomioka, there are some photos of the lens itself in my photostream. Feel free to check them out Smile I bought the lens in Budapest, and I don't really think the owner was aware of its value. However, there was some fungus in the lens, I took it to a professional to get it cleaned. Now, it's in perfect condition, except for two 1-2mm long hairline scratches on the front that are hardly noticeable.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reversedlime/

Attila, I'm Hungarian, too; it's great to see others from Hungary here on mflenses forum Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful photography!

I had written off the revuenon lenses and did not realize they were Tomioka.

Your technique, like that of some others, is far superior to the lens, as it should be!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila,

this is tomioka!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reversedlime/6023774688/in/photostream

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how her skin came out on the second image, a very beautiful look. Great shots!