Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vanessa Mateus - Leica Summicron-R 50mm f/2 E55
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Vanessa Mateus - Leica Summicron-R 50mm f/2 E55 Reply with quote

Another couple of pictures from a shooting day with Vanessa Mateus.

Canon 5DMKII + Leica Summicron-R 50mm f/2 E55

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice as always. You do the lens justice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask why you cut off the top of model's heads? Not to be critical but you seem to always frame it in that way. Just wondering why you make that choice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
May I ask why you cut off the top of model's heads? Not to be critical but you seem to always frame it in that way. Just wondering why you make that choice.

+1 I like them lot better with full head.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are fabulous, with much life and very artful, the first one is specially touching

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
themoleman342 wrote:

I also wonder why because I have seen many fashion photos where photographers make this choice of framing which I do not appreciate, usually.

Nice photos anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know one logical explanation, with full head customer property, less good pictures like with head cut. Property of photographer and allow to publish them elsewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

themoleman342 wrote:

I think she has horns like the devil? Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The head chop seems to be commonplace. I notice it a lot in movies, too. I'm not a fan of it in any way, but I think that it's used to draw more attention to the faces. With fashion photos, intended to sell products via sex, the face is a stronger seller than hair because people indicate their sexual intentions facially.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something I do when I'm shooting. Most of the times I do that for no reason but when I frame the full head I feel we lose some impact.

Last edited by MOrta on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nicely executed!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures!
Love them all. I lent Summicron 50/2 just few days ago from my friend but unfortunately
I can't get the same result Sad
I debated to take this len but I think it's not mine Sad