Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URGENT Huge load of Leica gear...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: URGENT Huge load of Leica gear... Reply with quote

Anyone interested? I would relay if necessary...

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pho/1490216432.html

Doug.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a collection. Instant Leica buff....

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at it, it blew me away ! What a collection ! Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those beautiful lenses and accessories AND an M3?!? Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible offer, and with the Dollar that low against the Euro, this is a steal for people in the Euro countries.

Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Would love to get my hands on the 2/90 and the rigid 50 cron, but as usual, no money. I will continue dreaming Smile

Our Euro members should take this opportunity.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe a "collaborative buy" could be interesting, if two or more members are not interested in the same items in the set ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep my hands off it. It is quite a risky deal - the stuff is too dirty to assert its state from these pictures, and there obviously is strong corrosion damage on the camera bottom. It is quite likely that everything is corroded or mouldy.

Last edited by Sevo on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
I'll keep my hands of it. It is quite a risky deal - the stuff is too dirty to assert its state from these pictures, and there obviously is strong corrosion damage on the camera bottom. It is quite likely that everything is corroded or mouldy.

+1
This package if mint is worth the $2000. As it sits it is mostly a lot of potential.........Potential risk as well as potential reward. Mostly potential high CLA invoice Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Sevo wrote:
I'll keep my hands of it. It is quite a risky deal - the stuff is too dirty to assert its state from these pictures, and there obviously is strong corrosion damage on the camera bottom. It is quite likely that everything is corroded or mouldy.

+1
This package if mint is worth the $2000. As it sits it is mostly a lot of potential.........Potential risk as well as potential reward. Mostly potential high CLA invoice Wink

Even if mint I don't think so good deal to take it a lot cheaper Pentax 645 set provide lot better image quality and I like lot more to use than old Leica RF.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any corrosion on the bottom of the camera, but the rest of a decaying adhesive tape.
Maybe Attila is correct with his remark on the picture quality of a Leica 39mm system as compared to a Pentax 645, but there are people, who have always dreamt of having a Leica M3 ( and all these lenses), and when they pay in Euros, as I already said, this is a steal.

Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my doubts about the green on the label - that might be corroded copper or print-through from the former inscription or those on the heavily pencilled case. Either is a indication that the camera might have been subject to more damp than advisable at some time in the past.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the ad is gone now, did some one here snag it? That reflex viewer system was pretty crazy! Kinda defeats the spirit of a rangefinder... but was cool nonetheless.