Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The MIR-10A passes the test of the 50D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: The MIR-10A passes the test of the 50D Reply with quote

A whole image:

And now see the 100% detail crop here:
http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/MIR10Acrop.htm

The only problem of this lens is, it seems to produce a lot of purple fringing (but no chromatic aberration)
For the rest, it has passed the test, where other lenses have failed.

I offered one of my two MIR-10A on the group some days ago, too bad nobody took it. Now it's gone via Ebay. It was a very good copy.
Now I am left with only one and I am going to keep it because it was a gift from Attila. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like mine a great deal. I'm glad it passed the test though it really shines for close-up applications, which I assume was its original intention due to the very close focusing distance. To bad I never got the filter set with it....67mm filters are expensive!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky I got the leather case and the 67mm filters in the top of the case with mine and agree with alll comments on the lens, its very good especially close up. Thats why I didn't buy yours Orio Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a good one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

I see BLUE (up the cars) and some green (in one of the right window) CA in the crop !!!
in the full size -> also violet CA !!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love this lens for its closed focus,
I removed rare mount and fix with T2 f-mount adapter in order to focus infinity.
This is my small test
http://www.pbase.com/krieng/mir10a