Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Great Cheapo Lens Challenge - 1 (Optomax 2.8/28)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course, but first you must send me a huge barrel of your beautiful wine! Wink

dragom has been added to the list - 16 now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thrilled to see how many people are joining, even though it keeps pushing my time with the lens further back.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I'm thrilled to see how many people are joining, even though it keeps pushing my time with the lens further back.

David, the Super Travenar arrived here soon after I started this thread and Lloydy has agreed that I can send it over to hukhuvud and then on to you now, so we have two lenses doing the circle. That way you won't be kept waiting so long and we all get to have two lenses to try, not just one! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already a thread started for the results from the Super Travenar

http://forum.mflenses.com/the-great-cheapo-lens-challenge-2-super-travenar-2-8-28-t42620.html

By doing this we can keep each lens separate.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ian, you're on the list, that makes 17.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent on joining. I did not see where to post the results for this lens

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:
PM sent on joining. I did not see where to post the results for this lens

Right here for the Optomax. The Travenar pictures in the other thread please.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep an eye on the list and maps at the top of the thread. I'm updating them regularly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed

This is embarrassing! It's the first time I read this thread.
If Peter hadn't pointed me at it, I would have completely missed it.

Can I still join??

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your support Carsten and yes, of course you can! I have your address already. Wink

Do you have any friends in USA, Canada, Australia, NZ, Africa, South America and the whole of Asia who you can rope in as well? Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you receive the lens OK Ed?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Yes, thanks Graham. I know I've held onto it longer than I should, but the weather here has been so bad recently I haven't had the chance to use it much! I'll send it on to Simon (StingOM) at the start of next week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

Yes, thanks Graham. I know I've held onto it longer than I should, but the weather here has been so bad recently I haven't had the chance to use it much! I'll send it on to Simon (StingOM) at the start of next week.

Excellent Smile Make sure you get some good photos first though Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must confess I was hoping this was going to be a little snappier (pardon the pun) Smile At this rate the lens will take over a year to get round to everybody, so I've decided it's not fair to keep pushing people down the list as others join and, from now on, anyone else joining will be at the bottom of the list.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

Excellent Smile Make sure you get some good photos first though Wink

No sign of the lens yet. Could be delayed in the post due to Christmas rush? Sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys are still lacking USA volunteers for this lens, count me in! I sent the Travenar on its way today and would love a new challenge Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kukhuvud wrote:
If you guys are still lacking USA volunteers for this lens, count me in! I sent the Travenar on its way today and would love a new challenge Smile

Both lenses are on their way round the globe. They started at different places, so the Optomax will reach you later on, very sadly much later on if things continue at the current rate! Sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I pull out?? Sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Can I pull out?? Sad

Simon, please hang in there. I'm sorry and embarrassed about this delay. I've PMd Edgar and asked him to post it immediately.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Peter. I was hoping to capture some Christmas lighting and festivity in Town. But if it comes after Jan 4 all will be gone back to normal.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message is still in my Outbox Sad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. When it gets to me hands, I give my word to turn it around asap...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
The message is still in my Outbox Sad

Still in my Outbox, that's a whole week now. I wonder if Edgar has problems, maybe he can't get on line. Has anyone had any contact with him since 15 December?

I'm going to send him a letter by snail mail today with Simon's address, just in case.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a nice reply to the letter this morning from Edgar's wife, Sharon. I won't give the details yet, but there's a very genuine reason why he hasn't visited the forum or replied to my PM. He sends his sincere apologies and says he feels very embarrassed about it. I've sent our best wishes to him and told him not to worry. Sharon will be posting the lens today.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news. I am finished with the lens now. Tomorrow it will make its way to Farside in Tipperary! I'll post my photos later. Have fun!