Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The end of a search for a 135mm...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: The end of a search for a 135mm... Reply with quote

Hi guys,

today I went by my favorit used camera store in Hamburg and I stumbled across a Nikkor non Ai 135mm f2.8 in good condition. Bought it for 45€ after playing around with it a little.

Now, after I came home and watched at the photos on my screen a couldn't stop staring at them! This thing is the sharpest 135mm I've ever seen and seems to be sharper than my 55mm Super Takumar on top!

I really love this baby! It has a nice big body and produces wonderfull colors! Here are some samples! Most of them are wide open but the second one is f5.6!

Hope you enjoy! I do!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi k

i must say this is pretty sharp for wide open at that aperture. its great you like it so much. it probably is my screen, or that i have a mac, but the colors appear a little washed out--i am sure that is not what you see. its interesting because what looks great on my screen sometimes doesnt translate well on this site either...continued good luck and shooting with it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, a good copy of the Nikkor 2.8/135 can really mean you have found the lens you were looking for. Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept this lens too, but searching never end Wink Congrats for your new excellent lens I rate this lens also very high.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right Attila! It's never enough! Never...

Anybody some Non Ai glas to sell? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karhallarn wrote:
You are so right Attila! It's never enough! Never...

Anybody some Non Ai glas to sell? Rolling Eyes

I've got some non-AI lenses but I will keep them. Wink
They are just too good. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful samples from this wonderful lens - until the next wonderful lens comes along Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always on more wonderful lens!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karhallarn wrote:

Off topic for a moment - if you can get your hands on a 1.4/50 Nikkor-S, you'll be a very happy man. In my mind, it's the sweetest 50-something I own - and I've been a fervent follower of Canon for 20+ years Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Karhallarn wrote:

Off topic for a moment - if you can get your hands on a 1.4/50 Nikkor-S, you'll be a very happy man. In my mind, it's the sweetest 50-something I own - and I've been a fervent follower of Canon for 20+ years Embarassed

+1 I have it too. 85mm, 105mm , 24mm , 200mm , 20mm UD all are very good one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look great to me too! /off topic - I have the Auto-S 50/1.4 and love it too, so would recommend to everyone if you find one cheap!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm, this lens is extremely sharp. Excellent price/performance ratio.