Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

test jupiter-9 against canon 85 1.8 AF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Orio, in my country, Argentina, one particular camera seller told my, the last year, that in the 2008 could come in lens with leica name, but with differents problems like Misaligned lens??????.
This is relationed with your commentary.

Some lenses with Leica name on them are currently produced for some Panasonic camera but are really produced in Japan and as far as I know Leica only puts the name on them, they do not control the production like Zeiss does for the Cosina Z lenses.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon Orio, I refered to Leica M lenses. What?????? Yes. Idon't know how or Why.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Pardon Orio, I refered to Leica M lenses. What?????? Yes. Idon't know how or Why.

Leica M lenses should be top quality.
But after all I am not inside the Wetzlar factory so anything is possible. But I regard it as highly unlikely.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between the Jupiter and the Canon, I think that the Jupiter is actually a little better; look at the borders... the Jupiter is actually a little Sharper compared to the Canon!

Both have different colour casts; the Jupiter is a bit on the yellow side, and the Canon on the pinkish side...

But the differences are very small, and you're mos probably won't be using an 85mm for shooting landscapes anyway Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha_M wrote:
Between the Jupiter and the Canon, I think that the Jupiter is actually a little better; look at the borders... the Jupiter is actually a little Sharper compared to the Canon!

Both have different colour casts; the Jupiter is a bit on the yellow side, and the Canon on the pinkish side...

But the differences are very small, and you're mos probably won't be using an 85mm for shooting landscapes anyway Smile

Another old thread you've dug up.

The Canon will usually beat the J9 with ease for centre sharpness. Keep in mind that there are sample variations.

Why wouldn't you use a 85mm for landscapes? I use anything from 17-200mm on full frame for landscape work. Short-medium teles are my favourite lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Misha_M wrote:

Another old thread you've dug up.

The Canon will usually beat the J9 with ease for centre sharpness. Keep in mind that there are sample variations.

Why wouldn't you use a 85mm for landscapes? I use anything from 17-200mm on full frame for landscape work. Short-medium teles are my favourite lenses.

Yeah, I know there might be sample variation even with modern new lenses.

Wouldn't you mainly use wide angle or even fish eye lenses for landscapes?

Last edited by Misha_M on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a lot of portraits with 15 mm lenses and they are very nice.

Same with 135 lenses and landscapes.

Hasta la victoria siempre.