Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 55B (500/8) and K100D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Tamron 55B (500/8) and K100D Reply with quote

Some shots with the recently acquired Tamron 55B (500/Cool. The lens is quite old and the focus is REALLY stiff Mad. But I'm quite happy about the optical performance Very Happy, without any doubt it's better than the Tamron 30A with the 2x teleconverter.

Egretta garzetta, 1/350s, 200ISO

Egretta garzetta, 1/500s, 200ISO

Egretta garzetta, 1/350s, 200ISO

Anser anser, 1/500s, 200ISO

Anser anser, 1/250s, 200ISO

Egretta garzetta, 1/500s, 200ISO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's difficult to evaluate the lens at this image size, but I like the images, very good selective use of the DOF.

Where in Italy did you take these, Po estuary perhaps?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! Lot more better , this is your lens for birding! Congrats! Great ones!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
It's difficult to evaluate the lens at this image size, but I like the images, very good selective use of the DOF.

It is a catadioptric lens with fixed diaphragm at f8, so no choice in selecting the appropriate DOF. Luckily f8 is not so bad for "birding" under full sun light.

Quote:

Where in Italy did you take these, Po estuary perhaps?

I took these near the Isonzo estuary in the "Valle Cavanata" nature reserve, it's a very small area of a few square kilometers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
YES! Lot more better , this is your lens for birding! Congrats! Great ones!

YES Attila, it performs much better than I expected! I read so many conflicting opinions about catadioptric lens, finally I had to try one by my self.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think price/performance ratio is unbeatable on this lens.