Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar SMC 35mm F3.5-o- Flektogon 35mm f2.4 MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Takumar SMC 35mm F3.5-o- Flektogon 35mm f2.4 MC Reply with quote

Only I have this question.
The Takumar SMC 35mm f3.5 or flektogom 35mm f2.4 MC?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult!

For me, the Flek isn't my choice for landscape due to soft corners (not all copies have this, but many I've tried have) wheras the Takumar should be sharper at the edges. But the Flek has that amazing close focusing and faster aperture.

In summary, I have no idea. Happy to help Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at my newly discovered Topcor 35/2.8 - a much underrated lens.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Takumar is far better built, sells for lower price and seems to have a reputation for consistently good optical quality, unlike the Flektogon... it would be my choice, not least because I think the DDR lens now sells for absolutely ridiculous prices.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find a good looking Flek for ~50 EUR: take it!
If it’s good: be happy and keep it.
And if it is no good actually: sell it with no loss.

That was my plan and it worked. But it took some time and patience ...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mflex-on wrote:

Yes, you're right. For these searches have to be patient.
Especially as far south,
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
Difficult!

For me, the Flek isn't my choice for landscape due to soft corners (not all copies have this, but many I've tried have) wheras the Takumar should be sharper at the edges. But the Flek has that amazing close focusing and faster aperture.

In summary, I have no idea. Happy to help Laughing

If your description is correct.
Takumar less than sharp at the edges is not as important to fashion photography.
But the contrast and color Flek are also important for me.
I think I buy the cheapest, Laughing
Many thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mflex-on wrote:

I was keeping eyes on Flek for some time on ebay, seems like people are accepting the normal price is $200 now and a lot of people are chasing them, so never seen any copy sold under $150 for 2 months......Maybe I missed some deal from Europe, but seems like the Flek is getting hotter and hotter these days. So if you got any copy ~50 EUR and don't like it, sell it will make you some money for sure Very Happy

I've given up Flek, instead I got a good copy of super takumar(not smc) for $40, it is really good and satisfied me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lwsy711 wrote:
mflex-on wrote:

I was keeping eyes on Flek for some time on ebay, seems like people are accepting the normal price is $200 now and a lot of people are chasing them, so never seen any copy sold under $150 for 2 months......Maybe I missed some deal from Europe, but seems like the Flek is getting hotter and hotter these days. So if you got any copy ~50 EUR and don't like it, sell it will make you some money for sure Very Happy

I've given up Flek, instead I got a good copy of super takumar(not smc) for $40, it is really good and satisfied me.

Thank you, tomorrow I will see a Flek. We'll see how much money you want

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
lwsy711 wrote:
mflex-on wrote:

Good luck to you! Wish you could find a good copy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lwsy711 wrote:
francotirador wrote:
lwsy711 wrote:
mflex-on wrote:

Good luck to you! Wish you could find a good copy Very Happy

thank you very much Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flektogon 35

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what you don't know you don't miss. But there is always a film camera to use with Canon FD 35mm or 28mm f2.8 lens or Hexanon 40mm f1.8....for about £25. They are slightly sharper than my SUPER tak 35mm f3.5 and probably would give the flek some competition, if you can get thru the boredom of finding a good one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Tak 3.5/35 and I really like it. It's not very fast, though.
Speed and close-up performance is better with the Flek.

I have never really tried the Flek. Some find it absolutely amazing, others have never had a good copy although they have owned several ones.
But this is only hearsay.

What is true is that the Flek 2.4/35 is definitely too expensive meanwhile, it's one of those "hype lenses". Kind of ridiculous to pay for the Flek the same money as for a Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35.

I second Willi's hint: if you can get one for €50,- take it, but chances are not very high, you'll find one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi franco

i know i have seen comparative tests on this very forum with the flek, and to my eye there was nothing very special about it compared to the tak or other 35mm like the topcor. the fact that its faster seems to me irrelevant for a 35mm that you typically shoot at higher apps anyway. to be honest, i just got a 3.5 tak and my initial impression is very good, esp for $30usd. also, if you need fast and good color etc, think about the mir 35mm 2.0--take a look in this forum at some images from that lens, which you can get for about $150usd or less and i think they're amazing.

finally, i just saw a 35mm zeiss distagon sell for the same price as a flek--if you want i zeiss, i think id spend the money on the distagon...
tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point with the Flektogon is: if you have a good copy you will be more than satisfied.
My friend Norbert has one, it was one of the first manual lenses I could try. A real good one with extraordinary sharpness and resolution! So I wanted a Flek too!
It was not so easy - I had several copies of the 2.4/35, even a 2.8/35 until I got two very good ones for 50 EUR - one directly for that price, it was an instant buy - the other combined with camera and two other lenses for 110 EUR.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Well what you don't know you don't miss. But there is always a film camera to use with Canon FD 35mm or 28mm f2.8 lens or Hexanon 40mm f1.8....for about £25. They are slightly sharper than my SUPER tak 35mm f3.5 and probably would give the flek some competition, if you can get thru the boredom of finding a good one.

It's for my 5D, Greetings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I have the Tak 3.5/35 and I really like it. It's not very fast, though.
Speed and close-up performance is better with the Flek.

I have never really tried the Flek. Some find it absolutely amazing, others have never had a good copy although they have owned several ones.
But this is only hearsay.

What is true is that the Flek 2.4/35 is definitely too expensive meanwhile, it's one of those "hype lenses". Kind of ridiculous to pay for the Flek the same money as for a Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35.

I second Willi's hint: if you can get one for €50,- take it, but chances are not very high, you'll find one.

If Luis is as you say. Elmarit not have another sale? Laughing
Greetings and Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
hi franco

i know i have seen comparative tests on this very forum with the flek, and to my eye there was nothing very special about it compared to the tak or other 35mm like the topcor. the fact that its faster seems to me irrelevant for a 35mm that you typically shoot at higher apps anyway. to be honest, i just got a 3.5 tak and my initial impression is very good, esp for $30usd. also, if you need fast and good color etc, think about the mir 35mm 2.0--take a look in this forum at some images from that lens, which you can get for about $150usd or less and i think they're amazing.

finally, i just saw a 35mm zeiss distagon sell for the same price as a flek--if you want i zeiss, i think id spend the money on the distagon...
tony

When I analyzed Mir, and I like, but not easily accomplished around here.
The best sale in Bs As, is a Tak, a Flek. (Only one in a year of searching) and a Skoparex f3, 4. The f2 Nikkor dont like my

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey willi--if you ever see a working flek on ebay for 50 euros you should alert the forum! Very Happy it appears to me that they typically sell for almost $200usd! at that price, given the price of really good competitors and uneven quality of the flek, its pretty hard to justify the price, IMHO...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mflex-on wrote:
The point with the Flektogon is: if you have a good copy you will be more than satisfied.
My friend Norbert has one, it was one of the first manual lenses I could try. A real good one with extraordinary sharpness and resolution! So I wanted a Flek too!
It was not so easy - I had several copies of the 2.4/35, even a 2.8/35 until I got two very good ones for 50 EUR - one directly for that price, it was an instant buy - the other combined with camera and two other lenses for 110 EUR.

Your copy of Flek is very good, I've seen your gallery. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know franco, i forgot about the skoparex...thats a really nice lens, but again, very pricey (although from what ive seen, id rather spend the money on the skop). btw, there is at least one super tak 35mm 2.0 for sale on ebay---dont have the url, but i saw it yesterday in m42 mount. i also saw a mir 35mm 2.0 in m42 a few days ago...i really love the mir--i find it like the skoparex in that it has a real personality and individual character.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***It's for my 5D, Greetings***

Well shame you can't use Canon FD and Hexanon lenses and wouldn't consider marrying up film with digital, by buying a film camera to use them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
***It's for my 5D, Greetings***

Well shame you can't use Canon FD and Hexanon lenses and wouldn't consider marrying up film with digital, by buying a film camera to use them.

It's just that I do fashion photo. In one film I am preparing to take pictures with the Pentacon 6x6.
The FD & Hexanone can not adapt without a magnifying glass to correct focal length.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well remember one thing...i changed the adapter and now i am using one, more bigger... and this is the results @11

Flektogon 2.4/35mm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33530174@N05/4959726625/sizes/o/in/photostream/

i don't see soft corner.... Laughing Laughing