Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar SMC 35mm F3.5-o- Flektogon 35mm f2.4 MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A f11? Obvious that f 11 no soft corners and also is losing some quality. For the diaphragm closed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
A f11? Obvious that f 11 no soft corners and also is losing some quality. For the diaphragm closed

i tested also @8...there are not differences (in the middle of frame) ....
i bought it for hight dof...landscape purpose!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To land scapes is a perfect lens, and architecture as well.
I do not served to fashion photography. I changed it for a 35/2.8 Distagon.
Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, Zeiss'gons are beyond my budget. My SuperTak 35/3.5 is lovely and was under US$24 (shipped) last year. It's superb for 'scapes. To close in, I will either add a 10mm tube or use my Isco Westron 35/2.8 (US$27, 13 iris blades) -- nice dimensionality. Because I am to trying to survive blizzards, I have not yet used the Nikkor-O 35/2 (US$48), also closer focus. (I am once again snowed out of my house and staying with relatives.)

But now I find myself attracted to slower lenses like the Meyer Primagon 35/4.5 (US$24, 10 blades). No, it is not in the same league as the SuperTak or a Z'gon, but it is fun -- and with the right adapter, it is also close-focus.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the differences are few. It's more a matter of taste. The Isco 35mm is excellent. In my case I pursue the best bokeh.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes use a Auto Chinon 35mm f2.8 (#569888) and so far cannot fault it, cost me a song on ebay awhile back