Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Taking pictures again
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Taking pictures again Reply with quote

I had back problems this year. About the first of March I spend some time in the hospital pumped so full of drugs I couldn't even make sense talking (actually nothing new). Then I spent several weeks in and out of bed wearing a narcotic patch on my upper arm to kill the pain. Well, after multiple injections in the spine I've been doing good for a few weeks now.

About three weeks ago I went to Acadia Nat Park and Bar Harbor with the Yashica 50/1.7 only, on the 5DMII

The Yashica 50/1.7 vignettes on the 5DMII. It had been my favorite 50 on the 40D.

Repaired

The reason they say the rocky coast of Maine. Of course we have a lot of nice beaches but a lot of it looks like this.

Those things you see in the water have lobster trap hooked to them on the sea bed.

And the bird.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, great area.
Get well.

Rolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish you the best Ron!
nice series with great weather and land
you kill me with the bird, for an instant I thought I was in a Luis post Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures ... the bird as well Laughing

Hope your health will only go up from here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, Ron, this area was one of my faves when I was stationed in
Maine. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, and for the wishes as well.

Quote:
you kill me with the bird, for an instant I thought I was in a Luis post

That was why I did it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series Ron. I do hope your troubles with your back are over - few things are worse than serious back pain

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series! I hope you will get well soon! I had also serious back pain and still have it , but currently on acceptable level.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your comeback to photography! I hope that you will not have to stay away from it again. Best wishes for your health!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick, Attila and Orio thank you. I couldn't even stand long enough to set up my flashes to take pictures of my fish. Here I was with a brand new 5DMII and couldn't use it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try continuously my position in bed when I found it after all my back get better and better every day. I also couldn't stand and walk.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried changing positions in bed until I couldn't find a way that wasn't killing me Attila. When my wife came home and took me to the hospital it took five men to take me out of my wifes vehicle. I was screaming. They gave me morphine but that only helped for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then they hooked some kind of hose into my arm and I was in La La land most of the time.

Funny thing, the guy that was in the room with me for the first day and a half was a professional photographer with his own studio. As long as I could stay awake with the drugs, we had a great time talking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you have more worst case than I had , sorry about that. Time did cure me pretty successful, but still not perfect (5 yrs) I hope you will get better soon also and not take this long even if seems more serious than I have.