Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Studioworks with Nikkor 50/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Studioworks with Nikkor 50/1.8 Reply with quote

some photos from recording sesion for guitar in our private studio
all photos are at f2.8
(first three are with 18-105VR at 18mm)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool !
What sequencing (don't know if this is current term nowadays) software are you using?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

software is Nuendo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat series with lovely lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nikkor 50mm 1.8 is indeed a fantastic lens. I just put it in my "favourites" list.
It is the lens that I use when I need to photograph paintings or other closeup stuff that requires no distortion.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, dont use that Yamaha desk for analog parts.. its more like a noise generator Laughing

The Universal Audio Pre Amp... its a good one.

Pics are nice !

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys...
@hinnerker: hmmm, didn't notice the noise... yet Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set and nice PRS guitar. PRS is not it? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Nikkor really did a nice job -- no real surprise there.

It's nice getting to see your digital-audio rig. I put one together several years ago and it's beginning to show its age. My Alesis reference monitors look almost identical to yours, though Cool

The guitar looks like a PRS, but the headstock has a notch in it that I'm not used to seeing. Maybe a custom model?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
thanks guys...
@hinnerker: hmmm, didn't notice the noise... yet Wink

Take an old Midas desk Pro 4 desk with balanced transformers, Penny @ Gilles faders and discrete analogue circutry. Works better, sounds better, warmer and more "british" than the Japanese desks from the low class range.

But its heavy and looks like this. Build with the discrete circuitry of old trident studio desks if you know what i mean.

But sorry for beeing Off Topic

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharos wrote:
Great set and nice PRS guitar. PRS is not it? Smile

nope, its Dean HardTail

@hinnerker: now thats a desk Wink

thanks guys... I hope next time there will be me in the photos recording bass lines Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah at second check I realised the headstock difference, anyway great looking guitar...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos, I have to dig out my 50/1.8 AIS too :)

And by the looks of it, you guys really know what to use. The UA preamp is high-quality. Friends of mine got the UAD2 DSP card and plugins recently and were astonished by the sound. Wish I had the money :P

Also, the Focusrite channel strip is surely a good weapon? I've used the LiquidMix which for example you can use the thrilling Neve Solid State EQ emulation :)