Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strong colors (Nikkor-EL 80/5.6)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Strong colors (Nikkor-EL 80/5.6) Reply with quote

I would like to say a big THANKS to Klaus for sending me a step up ring extremely fast, now I can use some filters, hood and a "normal" lens cap Wink ... this is BY FAR the sharpest macro lens I have ever had!!!
colors are amazing, contrast is amazing, sharpness is amazing... ghosting was caused by reflections inside m42 macro rings (cheap) and now it's gone, I padded inside of the rings with black cloth used for PA speaker inclosures

here are some photos at f8 / ISO1000
no heavy PP was used, except brightness/contrast and some minor tools

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reds appear clipped in my monitor, Roman. Pinks sometimes also, here and there. My monitor however is a consumer monitor, not professional, so it's possible that it's the monitor's fault.
The sharpness indeed is excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weird, my ViewSonic 22" (170€) is showing them nicely Confused

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Roman! [I would reduce exposure by 1/3 stop, which also increases saturation/appearance of colors. I see a bit clipping too on my laptop monitor)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm the quality of the lens and Klaus' continuing support for those of us who enjoy this stuff. I would seriously recommend a bellows and tripod, much easier to use than extension rings and not a lot more expensive. I do not wish to intercept this thread, but cannot resist posting another sample from the same very fine lens:

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed a very fine lens (and it has a secret built in: it allows UV photography without focus shift - a VERY rare feature!)

Nice one Patrick!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all in all, I'm amazed how it handles colors, maybe a bit too much saturation, next time I'll keep it down Wink
and I think I'll stay in "normal" macro mode, "extreme" macro is too extreme for me Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon D - these are a great testament to that lens! I would love to see
more....and more....and more! Very Happy