Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Culminar 4.5/135 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rendering. Cool

I've seen this lens before Orio - the original hood is a push-on type.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Steinheil Culminar 4.5/135 M42 Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Orio . . .

I've wondered what the Steinheils were like - looks great, nice catch!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another sample image took hand-held wide open with the Culminar 4.5/135:

And two 100% crops from it, hand-held wide open not sharpened:

Not a bad wide open performance for a triplet lens, eh?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinheil lenses are good performers indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is impressive, Orio.
Triplets are not per se bad, they are quite simple constructions, but nevertheless can be very good performers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very useable wide open in terms of sharpness!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio

That is one sharp piece of glass! I cannot bear being shown so many good lenses that I immediately want to get. Will have to wait though bank balance is totally depleted and I still ahve a few lenses to complete checking out. Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Orio
That is one sharp piece of glass! I cannot bear being shown so many good lenses that I immediately want to get. Will have to wait though bank balance is totally depleted and I still ahve a few lenses to complete checking out. Very Happy
patrickh

Isn't this true for most of of us ! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens to ,but it's zebra version. and it's not sharp although in F8.
I dont know why?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tianqiang0316 wrote:
I dont know why?

That's weird. I've never seen a Zebra Culminar. And I've never heard of quality control problems with Steinheil products.
Maybe you're confounding it with another Steinheil as they nearly all have similar names with C in the beginning (Quinaron, Quinon, Quinar, Tele-Quinar, Cassar, Cassaron, Culmigon, Cassarit, Macro-Quinaron, Macro-Quinon, Macro-Quinar, Makro-Cassarit,...)

I also had a (silver) 135/4.5 copy in Leica M39 mount with RF coupling. Mine was also sharp already wide open. I liked it a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
... another Steinheil as they nearly all have similar names with C in the beginning (Quinaron, Quinon, Quinar, Tele-Quinar, Cassar, Cassaron, Culmigon, Cassarit, Macro-Quinaron, Macro-Quinon, Macro-Quinar, Makro-Cassarit,...)

Question Question

In this list I see some with "C" and some starting with "Q". Wink

IMHO the "C"-lenses are are of basic quality, still good!, and the "Q"-lenses are excellent, as a rule of thumb.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
ForenSeil wrote:
... another Steinheil as they nearly all have similar names with C in the beginning (Quinaron, Quinon, Quinar, Tele-Quinar, Cassar, Cassaron, Culmigon, Cassarit, Macro-Quinaron, Macro-Quinon, Macro-Quinar, Makro-Cassarit,...)

Question Question

In this list I see some with "C" and some starting with "Q". Wink

IMHO the "C"-lenses are are of basic quality, still good!, and the "Q"-lenses are excellent, as a rule of thumb.

Ups, copy- and paste failure! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
tianqiang0316 wrote:
I dont know why?

That's weird. I've never seen a Zebra Culminar. And I've never heard of quality control problems with Steinheil products.
Maybe you're confounding it with another Steinheil as they nearly all have similar names with C in the beginning (Quinaron, Quinon, Quinar, Tele-Quinar, Cassar, Cassaron, Culmigon, Cassarit, Macro-Quinaron, Macro-Quinon, Macro-Quinar, Makro-Cassarit,...)

I also had a (silver) 135/4.5 copy in Leica M39 mount with RF coupling. Mine was also sharp already wide open. I liked it a lot.

May be I didnt understand it. Today I have try it again, and it become better, but not good enough.

This is the picture address:http://bbs.wps.cn/thread-22322672-1-1.html