Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stasia - Ikoflex II - Triotar 3.5/75 - Acros - Xtol 1:2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Stasia - Ikoflex II - Triotar 3.5/75 - Acros - Xtol 1:2 Reply with quote

C&C always welcomed and appreciated! Delta 100 has always been my film of choice but I have to say, Acros might be more to my liking, at least with the Xtol developer. And it's cheaper!

With an uncoated lens, flare sometimes proves to be inevitable...

Posted already in the "Techniques" section:

Some medium format triplet swirl:

With Kodak Close-Up Filter:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent close-up shot. This is a TLR, correct? These are pretty fantastic images. Acros is my favorite black and white film that's still manufactured. It's great stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the ikoflex is a TLR: http://www.tlr-cameras.com/German/Ikoflex.html
I use model 851/16.

The close-up was actually surprising. I only had one filter so I had to put it on the viewing lens, focus, then transfer to the taking lens. Can't believe it stayed in focus.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them are very nice and even triplet the lens renders wonderfully.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like those a lot. Uncoated or not. Ooops, a rhime... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great set, Moleman. You are lucky to have such a beautiful muse, but at the same time, your photos deserves her, so the balance is even!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, how can you go wrong with a model like Stasia?

4 and 5 are my picks in the set.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and 3rd images catch my eye as the best of the set. The flare in the first images adds a nice touch over the models head, kind of like a halo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing results, I love it all but it's true that it's difficult to go wrong with a so nice model Very Happy
I'd like to see a pict of the cam (I have no idea what is Ikoflex II Embarassed )....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree with everyone! Can't ever go wrong with Stasia. Very Happy

Quote:
I'd like to see a pict of the cam (I have no idea what is Ikoflex II)....

Just look the link I posted and click on the picture of the Ikoflex II. Mine's no different. Haha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:

Just look the link I posted and click on the picture of the Ikoflex II. Mine's no different. Haha

sorry, I haven't seen your link before Embarassed .....
I'm always amazed how you guys could used these "dinosaur" camera and get so fantastic results ....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
I have no idea what is Ikoflex II.

Zeiss' answer to the Rolleis.
Not as stylish, but just as good (also because Ikoflexes and many Rolleicords shared the same Tessar lens...)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have had two of the later Ikoflexes. They had Opton-Tessars with T coating. Very very good lenses but pretty neutral rendering. Those I sold.
The triotar on this ikoflex has a good deal more character, even if that "character" is technical imperfection. This one I'm keeping.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
I actually have had two of the later Ikoflexes. They had Opton-Tessars with T coating. Very very good lenses but pretty neutral rendering. Those I sold.
The triotar on this ikoflex has a good deal more character, even if that "character" is technical imperfection. This one I'm keeping.

I agree, I also love Triotar images (although technically the Tessar is clearly superior)