Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spring flowers with 3 different Nikkors
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Spring flowers with 3 different Nikkors Reply with quote

There was quite a lot of sun today but some haze as well. I managed to get a few flower shots. Here are 3 samples...

Lenses all at f/8 on the D60

1. Berberis darwinii Nikkor 1.8/50 Ais

2. Narcissus 'Jetfire' Nikkor 2/35 Ais

3. Tulipa 'Oscar' Nikkor 2.8/28 Ais

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very nice images! The first one is interesting to me- the leaves look like Holly. I have never seen this plant before Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the touch of Spring. We are still waiting on this side of the pond.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments.

The Berberis was discovered by Darwin on the Beagle trip. It's a native of southern South America and is a very popular garden plant in the UK. The leaves do have spines but it's not related to holly - at least not closely.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Berberis flowering is amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
That Berberis flowering is amazing.

Yes - it's one of my favourites. The flowers should be around for a few weeks. I'm waiting for a nice weather so that I can isolate a group of flowers against a blue sky.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice results - Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Klaus.