Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spencer Port-Land pictorial soft focus lens - first result
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sure, that is next on the list to do some portraits and landscape shots to see how it performs.

The lens looks like that (mounted on a lensboard, but I use it oas a barrel lens mounted on a tube/bellows due to the long focal length)

@Orio: sure correct for the lenses you mention, but we were talking specifically about that Spencer Port-Land lens here... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Klauss.

Thanks for sharing the beautifull of your lens.

Excelent pic and beautifull lens. What else. man?

Sure you will enjoy and we too with your nexts pics.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rino,

well next?? Next lens, next subject, next shot....what would you like to know?

I will explore the possibilities of that lens and get it proper mounted of course first. I have developed a special large helicoid system with various adaptors, so I will have an adaptor made for that lens, too.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count the blades !!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why, it is only eighteen ( 18 ) Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if you try to emulate a ortochromatic film, the diffusion and the corresponding glow will be even more appealing Smile
If you have time maybe it's worth showing the same picture taken with the lens stepped all the way down.
OT: Today i've spent my time finding a solution to mount a Dallmayer on my Nikon camera. Tommorow I'll show you some samples.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

- I would also like to have a bit more center sharpness and I already discussed that with the previous owner to make some imagon like sieve to achieve that - next project

I've made some sieve experiments with the VPK Meniscus, but I didn't like the restless bokeh, and sometimes even the sharp center was smeared by the secondary images formed by the sieve apertures. A much better solution would be to have an apodization filter as used in the Sony/Minolta 135mm STF, but it is probably impossible to make. A compromise solution might be an ND filter with an aperture in the center.

Veijo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vilva wrote:
A much better solution would be to have an apodization filter as used in the Sony/Minolta 135mm STF, but it is probably impossible to make.

Oh, I am surprised that you do not know that it is not only possible, but easy to make. Smile
See: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/701273/0#6314743