Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony a450 high ISO
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Sony a450 high ISO Reply with quote

Did some testing with my A450, just for fun Smile

ISO 800 (no de-noise)

ISO 6400 (one pass Topaz de-noise - RAW lightest)

ISO 12800 (two pass Toptaz de-noise - RAW lightest + RAW lightest)

Still messing around with the last one! Laughing

Things certainly look OK at 1024px though Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones with Topaz look very nice! However, it would also have been nice to see the shots prior to the Topaz Denoise treatment Smile

Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice demo Shrek! great 12800 Shocked

spot wrote:
it would also have been nice to see the shots prior to the Topaz Denoise treatment

at least it is possible to see them
on the K5, it is no possible to see the shots before Hoyaz Denoise treatment because raw's are denoised in ze body

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the unprocessed shots:

ISO 12800

ISO 6400

These modes are definately usable at smaller sizes IMO. Modern cameras continue to amaze me!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, both are definitely very usable as-is on web sizes. Marvellous, isn't it? Thanks for showing them and it must be said you have a great subject Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting how dramatically the skin tone changes from shot to shot.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blende8 wrote:
Interesting how dramatically the skin tone changes from shot to shot.

Wink

Sadly the Sony is poor with artificial light Sad Some WB adjustment is necessary and I may have rushed it a bit Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Yes, both are definitely very usable as-is on web sizes. Marvellous, isn't it? Thanks for showing them and it must be said you have a great subject Smile

Haha, thanks I will pass the message on to my subject Laughing

While not quite as good as the latest Sony sensor seen in the K-5 and D7000, the one employed here is also used in the a550 to good effect. Certainly can't moan and should help me get those impossible shots until I can afford a 5D II Wink