Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some advice on DSLR choice
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had the money..... I don't, so I still have a K100D .... but if I had the money -

I would get the K20 for 100mm and longer focal length. The Pentaxes are unbeatable there, I would be a very sad case without the IS. Pentax IS is one of the few things that really can make a good telephoto photographer out of a lousy one, much more than the lens.

I would get the Canon 5DII for anything less than 100mm, thats where most of the legendary glass is, and the FF sensor can make the most of it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like the old "Just Hold a Pentax." Smile I've been looking into converting a 200mm macro to work on one of my digital bodies. The Canon FD 200mm macro is one possibility but that is a tricky mount but feasible. I'm also considering Nikkor as well. The FA and A* 200mm are the best but gosh the prices.

ryan s wrote:
Raymond, it's "Be Interesting"...that's the mantra now Laughing

As for the whole compatibility thing...I have one lens I can't use with a film body [I don't own any with aperture control] and I feel it's advantageous to carry one set of lenses that I can use across my main 2 cameras, the K10 and MX (still need to take the ME-S out Rolling Eyes )

Pentax bodies can take all manner of lenses with camera mount mods/reversible lens mods.

Short list:
Contax (mod K mount or lens mount; infinity adjustment)
Nikon AI (pressure fit inside camera mount)
OM (same as Contax but with aperture mod inside lens)
Leica M39 (with M42 adapter. Others with Leitax mount)
Rollei QBM (switch to K mount; aperture mod) see here for (bad) translation http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bigeye.url.tw%2Fbig5%2Fd_cz35_14_2.htm&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&history_state0=

Those are off the top of my head...

In short, if I would have felt limited by lens choices, I never would have gone with Pentax. I realized I had the choice of M42 and K mount ONLY...natively, that is...and I'm fine with it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
I kind of like the old "Just Hold a Pentax." Smile I've been looking into converting a 200mm macro to work on one of my digital bodies. The Canon FD 200mm macro is one possibility but that is a tricky mount but feasible. I'm also considering Nikkor as well. The FA and A* 200mm are the best but gosh the prices.

Every time I pick up the K10, I remember why I've stuck with it...it fits into my hand so perfectly Cool

The FD shouldn't be too bad if you use bellows...or machine a K mount way down. The Nikon should be a bit easier due to register distance.

The 2 * macros are THE best lenses so they can command $2k+ prices Laughing