Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLD: Tokina AT-X 35-70mm constant f/2.8 zoom, PKA mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: SOLD: Tokina AT-X 35-70mm constant f/2.8 zoom, PKA mount Reply with quote

I'd like to offer this lens here first before it goes on the Bay.

For sale is a near mint Tokina AT-X 35-70mm constant f/2.8 zoom in Pentax KA mount. There's not much to say about this lens other than that it's minty, the glass is 100% clean inside and out, without scratches or other defects, and mechanically everything is still smooth. The diaphragm is clean and snappy. The KA mount means that this lens can be used in all program modes on a Pentax DSLR, you'll only need to focus the lens, and that's easy because it's f/2.8 from 35 up to 70mm Smile

Also included with this sale are the original lens caps and the box. The lens also comes with the dedicated lens hood, also boxed.

Price: 80 euros. Insured shipping in Europe is around 14 euros, shipping elsewhere please ask.

Last edited by Spotmatic on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Peter.

I'm interested.
My brother has a K10D.
Would this Zoom be good at concert shooting (without flash Wink ) ?
Would it mount directly on his K10D without any adapter ?

If he would not be interested, I could.
I'm awaiting a PK to EOS adapter. Would it be ok for this PK-A lens ?

Have you some shots taken wirh it to show ?

Check PM, please.

Olivier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Hello Peter.

I'm interested.
My brother has a K10D.
Would this Zoom be good at concert shooting (without flash Wink ) ?

Yes, I would think so. The f/2.8 is fast enough for most theater photography (not that I'm experienced in that though...)

Quote:

Would it mount directly on his K10D without any adapter ?

Yes, and as mentioned before all program modes will work. Only this lens is MF, not AF.

Quote:

If he would not be interested, I could.
I'm awaiting a PK to EOS adapter. Would it be ok for this PK-A lens ?

Yes, with one drawback: the lens must be used with closed diaphragm (i.e. all manual). On the plus side: most Tokinas I have (including this one) do not have the flange to protect the diaphragm lever. This means that, with a PK to EOS adapter, there are no issues with the mirror on my 5D. The lens can be used as-is with a PK to EOS adapter.

Quote:

Have you some shots taken wirh it to show ?

Yes, please check here: http://forum.mflenses.com/some-shots-with-tokina-at-x-357-35-70mm-f-2-8-mf-t17763.html

PM replied Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter.
It's a deal !

I have a question about your photos : do you use Bordermaker for the picture frames ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Very Happy

No, I do not use bordermaker, but a paid Photoshop action called "Absolute Sharpening Web". More about it here: www.absolutesharpening.com.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Great Very Happy

No, I do not use bordermaker, but a paid Photoshop action called "Absolute Sharpening Web". More about it here: www.absolutesharpening.com.

Thank you Peter.