Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[SOLD] Schneider Kreuznach Curtagon Electric 35mm f/2.8 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: [SOLD] Schneider Kreuznach Curtagon Electric 35mm f/2.8 M42 Reply with quote

Just got this lens in a camera set, but I have no use for it because I have numerous 35mm lenses. I prefer not to add another 35mm to my collection.

Externally the lens looks well used. The glass is clean & clear throughout. No fungus or separation. Dust between the elements cannot be seen. Focusing is smooth without drag or play.
The diaphragm is a bit stiff when turning, but the diaphragm blades are clean and the auto diaphragm function through the actuation pin is very snappy. The A/M switch works well too. Maybe the ring needs a good cleaning underneath.

Asking price: 80€. Better examples of this lens have been sold for US$ 175-250 on eBay lately.

Alternatively I can sell you the complete set where the Curtagon came from. For a total sum of 100€ excluding shipping you'll not only get this lens, but also a chrome Asahi Pentax ES-II with 55mm f/1.8 SMC Takumar attached to it. The ES was a demo camera of a camera shop in The Netherlands and is engraved/marked as such and shows wear. But both the light meter and the automatic shutter work great (the ES will provide wide-open Av metering with SMC and S-M-C Takumar lenses - you select the f/stop and the camera will select the right shutter speed - working batteries are included with the sale).
The Takumar is in EXC condition (better than the Curtagon externally).

Shipping from The Netherlands. Shipping to EU countries: 13,10€ - 18,80€ depending on your location. Shipping outside EU usually 18,80€ - 24,10€, depending on your location.

Photos will follow later. Currently I have >120 feedback on eBay, 100% of course Wink My user ID on eBay is the same as my ID on this forum.

Last edited by Spotmatic on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recommended.

Curtagon 35/2.8 is rare lens which performs way better than cheap japanese 35mm products. It has even significantly less chromatic aberration than Zeiss Flektogon 35/2.8 (at least both copies I tested).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Avatar. You've got hair... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and Brains too! Laughing

Thanks for the helpful information, Jiri!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...obviously Razz Razz Razz Razz

klaus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold to a very nice and happy forum member! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference purposes: here are pictures of the lens + some samples (the last sample is wide open against a window).

[IMG]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo293/spotmatic
/curtagonsmpl01.jpg[/IMG]