Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Show us your luckiest snapshot!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Show us your luckiest snapshot! Reply with quote

As you know, I love snapshot photography. One of the many reasons I do, is because it forces me to be creative instantly. To artistically react to an instant.
Of course, luck is a very important ingredient to this. There are unlucky days when nothing happens, and lucky days when you are offered many occasions. Then of course it's up to you to be ready and fast to take it.

So I thought of opening one gallery thread to let us show our luckiest capture. One moment when we feel we have been most lucky, to have been offered a creative opportunity, that we could take.

I will start by showing a photo I took in Paris in 2003. I really apologize, because it's an autofocus photo, which should not be here as this gallery was conceived as a gallery for manual focus lenses photographs. But at the time, I didn't know yet I could use manual focus lenses on my 300D. So maybe we can make one exception to the rule. Smile

I was in the area near Notre Dame, when I saw this guy sitting alone on one of the stairs that take down to the Seine. He seemed completely gone lost into his thoughts. Suddenly, a flock of seagulls took off. It immediately felt to me like his thoughts left his mind to fly away. I was very fast to grab the camera and take the photo. I think it turned out as probably the luckiest of my captures.
So here it is, 300D with,alas, the kit lens:

OK, now let's see yours Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine:

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this one Patrick. How sweet! Very Happy

-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible capture Patrick!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hheehe,nice thread

i caught this guy with my old fuji s9500 camera...probably the luckiest capture by now

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were really lucky ! So cute!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, this thread. Let me check my photos...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy all the pictures posted so far!
Thanks for posting and.... long live snapshot photography!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This picture has been taken with my first reflex (Praktica MTL3) , on my first roll , the first time i used a reflex.

At the time I didn't know anything about photography : exposure, diaphragm , dof where out of my vocabulary and out of my mind ...

I was walking in the pyrennees , having the idea to do some landscape , when this Izard jump in front of me. In a few seconds I had to change from a pentacon 50 to a vivitar 135 ( the only objectives I had at this time)
And so is the result.

So i guess this is my luckiest snaphot but also my luckiest shot...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mitchbuchanon wrote:
This picture has been taken with my first reflex (Praktica MTL3) , on my first roll , the first time i used a reflex.

Well, great debut!
This is what I love the most about going out to photograph. You never know what you might meet. Like that day when I met the pigs on the street. The unexpected is always behind the corner.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Two under an umbrella Reply with quote

I think, this is mine (which you already know it Smile ):

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

... but its made with a digital P&S camera.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Great idea, this thread. Let me check my photos...

OK, here are some of my snapshots. I hardly take other photos anyway. Wink

The first four ones were taken with my EOS350D and different lenses.

A very good friend of mine while having a look at some lens test shots. You can see his D200 in the background...

One of my cousins, a red haired guy, trying to escape the shot. Twisted Evil

Some friend's daughter in their living room. We were invited for a cup of coffee and of course I brought my cam. Wink

Our little angel in a rose garden. Taken with my Kodak DX7440 digital compact cam.

My daughter and me. This shot was taken by my dad with his Olympus SP-350 digital compact cam. Nice cam, that is.

Hope you like them...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics! Sometimes best shots come accidentally. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot with your kid are great!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these are simply great! Cosmin, that's my favorite photo of yours!

I'm afraid I don't have anything to compare to these...

I think I was born unlucky, have to check my horrorscope. Laughing

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone

Great thread

patrickh