Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sesnon Auto 135mm f2.8 Do you know the maker?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject: Sesnon Auto 135mm f2.8 Do you know the maker? Reply with quote

Hi. Do you know the maker of this Sesnon Auto 135mm f2.8? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yellow and green markings for the focus ring point toward Itoh Kogaku. They were very prolific, releasing many many, differently styled lenses, many of which have that particular styling marker in common. Some of the lenses they made were quite ambitious, like the Soligor 85/1.8 and 85/1.5 lenses
I've tried many of their lenses, the quality ranges from (very) average to quite good. Being a 135mm lens, that one should be at least competent.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
The yellow and green markings for the focus ring point toward Itoh Kogaku. . .

Interesting. fotografiasol's Senson closely resembles Kalimar Auto T lenses. I've often wondered who made those Kalimars.

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=10869

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

55 wrote:
Alun Thomas wrote:
The yellow and green markings for the focus ring point toward Itoh Kogaku. . .

Interesting. fotografiasol's Senson closely resembles Kalimar Auto T lenses. I've often wondered who made those Kalimars.

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=10869

I have a copy of the Auto-T 70-215 zoom lens badged as Sesnon, it has an Auto-T adapter but is not specifically marked Auto-T, so they are definitely closely related. I've also seen some 35mm and 135mm badged as 'Colt' lenses which you can tell also have an Auto-T adapter. There's a rough Colt 135 on eBay now in fact which has one. It also appears that the Sesnon lens above has an Auto-T adapter, you can tell by the arrow on the mount, which should be aligned with the focus marker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
The yellow and green markings for the focus ring point toward Itoh Kogaku. They were very prolific, releasing many many, differently styled lenses, many of which have that particular styling marker in common. Some of the lenses they made were quite ambitious, like the Soligor 85/1.8 and 85/1.5 lenses
I've tried many of their lenses, the quality ranges from (very) average to quite good. Being a 135mm lens, that one should be at least competent.

Yes, this previous post shows an Itoh Kogaku of a very similar aesthetic style. Even so, the blue color of the coating does not match.

http://forum.mflenses.com/itoh-kogaku-higon-100-200mm-f5-6-t71263,highlight,%2Bitoh+%2Bkogaku.html
​

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also you can use pic #3 as a profile picture