Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Thank you Mark.
I hope it answers to Woodrim's question.

To some degree, yes. The fact that it is sharp wide open isn't that remarkable since wide open is f/2.8. It isn't fair to compare this with another faster lens, both wide open - compare at equal apertures. The bokeh seems too busy; maybe just because it's f/2.8. But nevertheless, I was interested in the lens because I was looking at one when this very timely post appeared. I have since purchased the lens for $44 including shipping. The full data readout from the lens front is Schneider - Kreuznach Edixa - Xenar 2,8/50 sn9609418 and comes with a Ceneiplan 49x0,75 1x filter, whatever that is.

This lens is a screw mount and to my knowledge the Edixa designation indicates M42; isn't that correct? I hope so.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
This lens is a screw mount and to my knowledge the Edixa designation indicates M42; isn't that correct? I hope so.

Yes, it is M42. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, mine is not marked Edixa. SN is 5770286. M42.

I'll post a decent set of images within a day. It can have "busy" bokeh but it can also be very smooth.

For me, this lens allows me to do some things I could not with other lenses. Some of you will hate the pictures perhaps, but for me this is a never sell lens.

It will always be in my macro bag with my Contax Zeiss Makro-Planar 60/2.8 and Micro-Nikkor 105/2.8.

Woodrim- $44! What a deal!
Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim, I just got a Pancolar zebra with the exact same filter- whatever it is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
woodrim, I just got a Pancolar zebra with the exact same filter- whatever it is.

I'd like to know. 49 must be the thread diameter, 0.75 the thread pitch? and 1x I don't know. Thought maybe one of the more knowledgeable folks here might tell us.

Quote:
Woodrim- $44! What a deal!

I was hoping so - love when that happens Very Happy One never knows, but it does look to be in very good condition and the accompanying case looks new too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted more serious samples here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/schneider-kreuznach-50-2-8-m42-t43868.html