Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider 80/5.6 enlarging lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Schneider 80/5.6 enlarging lens Reply with quote

Last of my series - weather is now closing in for winter. This is a petite lens with a big character. I was amazed at the quality of this little gem.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

This one must be close to reaching infinity? My Schnieder 50mm is a little too short for most things.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too far off - but I just love this one for its rendition of colour, sharpness and OOF at these ranges. I have had a lot of fun recently with about 8 enlarging lenses from Nikon, Rodenstock and Schneider. I am still in shock over the quality of the glass and the consistency between them

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they are addictive. As well as the 50 I have a Wray-Pulling Anastigmat 135mm which will focus way past infinity and 2 Dallameyer lenses of 80 & 100mm to try as soon as I get the adapter. They are tiny!

Do you use helicoids or plain old bellows?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a helicoid (Accura M42) and it is fun, but I prefer the bellows for interchangeability. I use the BPM with interchangeable mounts at each end. So far I have nikon, exakta, edixa, pentax, praktina, M39 (female) mounts. Gives me lots of room.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful ones! Color looks Pentax color from San Francisco Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great colors. I wonder which version your using?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these ones too!

80mm can reach infinity, but needs a short helicoid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results from a top class lens.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all. I hope the welcome is not worn out, as I thought these enlarging lenses deserved an outing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I noted in a PM to you, I got an El Nikkor 80mm off of eBay ($20 US)...I had a bid on a Schnieder, but lost that auction...Have several other bids out but didn't bid much...(I didn't expect that $20 would win the 80mm)