Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei HFT Planar 50mm/f1.8 Singapore made
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
Remove the two screw first as indicated in the photo.

Phew! Shocked I finally figured out how to open it, but it does not open from the rear. You have to turn the lens to the minimum focus distance (0.45m) and then turn the lens assembly (inner focus helicoid) counterclockwise as much as possible, and then turn the outer focus helicoid clockwise, and repeat this process until the lens assembly is completely out.

The part that was attached with the two screws and one part of the aperture mechanism kept getting stuck, which is why I thought at first that the lens could not be opened like this. You have to look carefully what is happening.

Edit: I managed to attached the spring that normally keeps the aperture open to the aperture lever from the other side, so now the aperture is always in stop down mode.

Now the challenge is to get it back together again, which may be difficult because I have to screw the two parts of the helicoid back together again while lining up with the arm from the aperture ring.

As far as I remember, there is three positions which you can screw the two parts. You have to try which one is the right position. After you find the right posisiton, you have to adjust the infinity position.

If you will not change your lens to QBM mount, open it from the back is much more easy as it does not require you to adjust the infinity and you don't need to care about the original aperture mechanism.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
As far as I remember, there is three positions which you can screw the two parts. You have to try which one is the right position. After you find the right posisiton, you have to adjust the infinity position.

If you will not change your lens to QBM mount, open it from the back is much more easy as it does not require you to adjust the infinity and you don't need to care about the original aperture mechanism.

The good news that I managed to get the lens back together, with working aperture control(!) after a lot of pondering and trying. I've had to take apart the helicoid like 6 or 7 times because the aperture coupling wasn't correct or I didn't get infinity focus. You can see this already when you put the focus ring on: there is a gap between it and the lens, which should not be of course. I still do not have perfect infinity focus, but I'll get there. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

The good news that I managed to get the lens back together, with working aperture control(!) after a lot of pondering and trying. I've had to take apart the helicoid like 6 or 7 times because the aperture coupling wasn't correct or I didn't get infinity focus. You can see this already when you put the focus ring on: there is a gap between it and the lens, which should not be of course. I still do not have perfect infinity focus, but I'll get there. Wink

Great! You should be able fix it soon. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have infinity focus now, but I think I still haven't got it back together completely correctly. Now the focus doesn't stop at 0.45m, which I don't understand.

The mount adapter was taking quite a lot of force to mount to my 5D, by the way. It's better now that I unscrewed the part that's there to push down the aperture pin. I think it was pressing against the mirror box, above the electronic contacts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:
I have infinity focus now, but I think I still haven't got it back together completely correctly. Now the focus doesn't stop at 0.45m, which I don't understand.

The mount adapter was taking quite a lot of force to mount to my 5D, by the way. It's better now that I unscrewed the part that's there to push down the aperture pin. I think it was pressing against the mirror box, above the electronic contacts.

Adjust the infinity after you put the conversion adaptor to the lens. I don't sure why your lens can focus beyond 0.45m but I would suggest you check the alignment of the focusing mechanism.

My converted lens mounts to my lens easily. Make sure it is installed properly.

P.S.
If your 5Ds mirror is unshaved, the mirror will hit the protection ring on the rear when you focus infinity.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns out I wasnt close to infinity focus at all. Now I got it almost correct, just need to tune it a little bit. The focus stops at 0.45m now as it should.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
There is a link on the same site for 1.8/50.
http://www.bigeye.url.tw/big5/d_ro50_18.htm

Hi, I have the opportunity to get one "singapore made" 1.8/50.
It seems to be like the one in Calvin's link.

Will it mount on my 5D MkII or will it hit the mirror ?
If it hits the mirror, is there a simple way to solve this issue ?

Cheers,
Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
There is a link on the same site for 1.8/50.
http://www.bigeye.url.tw/big5/d_ro50_18.htm

Hi, I have the opportunity to get one "singapore made" 1.8/50.
It seems to be like the one in Calvin's link.

Will it mount on my 5D MkII or will it hit the mirror ?
If it hits the mirror, is there a simple way to solve this issue ?

Cheers,
Smile

Sand the retaining ring of the rear element. Check the botton of this link in the same site.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For easier way to fix this tipe of lenses tutorial here
http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-planar-or-voigtlander-color-ultron-50-1-8-repair-t49749.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your tutorial srdjan. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's the least I can do