Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss planar or Voigtlander Color Ultron 50 1.8 repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss planar or Voigtlander Color Ultron 50 1.8 repair Reply with quote

I have Color Ultron 50 1.8 with perfect glass and aparature blades but seams that grease for focusing helicoid needs to be replace. So I wont to resemble the lens without all necessary glass groups resembling, but I could not find any of fix or resembling guide for Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm 1.8 or Voigtlander Color Ultron 50 1.8. If someone can help me I can make guide with pictures here. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I could find is this

http://www.bigeye.url.tw/big5/d_ro50_18.htm

http://www.bigeye.url.tw/big5/d_ro50_18_4.htm

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=44354

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psychobiker/sets/72157611844942002/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a way to open it and re lube it now is perfect, if anyone need help let contact me it is not hard to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: QBM Lens tutorial for beginers Reply with quote

Nobody interested, strange.
Recently one of members contact me about help for fixing Planar 50 1.8 QBM

So after all the time I figure it out how to fix QBM lenses by my-self. It is not so hard there is just couple of things to look.

First lets divide disassembly in two main parts.

1- front opening - to clean front lens elements group, to adjust infinity
2- back opening - to re-lube, to clean back lens elements group
3- front and beck - to clean aparature

Today we will tack about 2 - back opening

SO lets start:

1- There is two version of QBM back -first one (planar) is opening with Spanner Wrench - second one you can do just with hands (some Voitlander color-ultron). Unscrew and take out.

2- Take out ring that is used to transfer information from lens to camera about aparaure. WATCH for spring, and other small part easy to lose.

3- Now sometimes there is protection to take out (metal stripe). Now you suppose to unscrew three screws. My advise is that you can put your lens to infinitive and tape it so stay like that. Now take out screws, and one is different (on picture number 1) - that one is limiter for rings (thats why we put tape)

4- Ok when you take out three screw's, now you can take out back part and aparature ring. WATCH OUT for ball and spring easy to lose!

5- Ok now you can see inner barrel with aparature mechanism and rear lens group. If you wont to clean rear lens group there is usually plastic protection that is glued - remove it with little force and then unscrew lens group with hands.

6- If you wont just to re-lube you have to do next. You don't need to dissemble anything you have just to unscrew inner barrel out (distance ring is still taped with outer body). WATCH out you have to mark exact position when inner body get out - mark inside (see picture) or your assembling will become NIGHTMARE!!!! And mark how much inner barrel is out just for case you are not confident in lens dissemble.

7- Now you take out tape from distance ring and firs screw it until possible - and count how many round it will make and write end position - THIS IS BEST WAY TO CHECK LATER DID YOU PUT IT RIGHT WAY. Then go back in star position.
Now unscrew it out - and again count how many rounds and write last position before divide.

8- So now clean with gas and re-lube it

9- Use information from step 7 and put back everything, in the end you can put tape

10- Use information in steep 6 and put inner barrel in the body of lens and watch out for marks you make lens must go it the exact position. It can be hard sometimes because mechanism of aparature will give you trouble. When screw in put in position before step 6.

11- Now you have to put together parts from step 4: aparature ring and back part and to put between aparaure ball. Take everything in one hand and i another lens body and put together. Sometimes you need time to do this because you have to align 4 things shown on picture. First one is place for big metal part, second one is place for metal part that goes from aparature ring (this one suppose to be close to mark- lens line that is used for aprature and distance), third one is (you can not see on picture) pin mechanism, forth one is one pin that have a hole in beck part (when you alight in all, this is the last to alight).

12- When you this one tricky part do steps 4 to 1 and that it! You are done

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also first models of Planar from Germany, firs stem the same way just use hands

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you srdjan for this topic.
Seen late, sorry.
Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. When you have adapter sooner or later you will get another QBM there is a lot of good lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good, bookmarked for future reference. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

your pictures were a good help for me yesterday. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srdjan

Ouch, the pictures probably are lost due to a recent HD crash.
Do you have the pictures in your PC to upload it again? I'm in the service of CLADing a recent purchased Planar QBM and it's a lot different from M42 samples,

Thanks,

Renato

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi srdjan,

can you upload the pictures again, please?
I found a color ultron in m42 for a tenner, dismantled everything except the rear lens group.
I need to disassemble them, because the last lens is a little hazy, but I don't see how to get rid of the inner ring.

kind regards
hasan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srdjan, would you please reupload the images please.
I disassembled my Rollei Planar 50 1.8 QBM,
but I can't put it back
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srdjan hasn't posted anything since August 2015, so it might be a long wait! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unscrewed the front, name plate, but now I cannot see how to access to the different glasses. I have a fungus in what lookes like the second glass. Anyone knows how to disassembly the front glasses? I see no screws, and the ring at the end of the helicoid does not seem to move...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zamo wrote:
I unscrewed the front, name plate, but now I cannot see how to access to the different glasses. I have a fungus in what lookes like the second glass. Anyone knows how to disassembly the front glasses? I see no screws, and the ring at the end of the helicoid does not seem to move...

Please, I suggest to start a new thread rather than reply to very old ones particularly where members aren't active. Also upload a few pictures and probably someone can give an answer even if they haven't repaired this lens specifically. You can use a free image hoster such as Imgur. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, and thank you Smile