Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rebuilding After Theft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Gosh, now its out.... Embarassed Oh well, but honestly, you certainly
deserve this for your excellent work Larry!

Well, I think that something like that shouldn't be held within forever, because it was
such an incredible gesture. Shocked And that's okay, because a lot of users on the
forum seem to be unbelievably generous. I can only express my thanks once again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Is the ML 2/50 you're talking about the small one, a pancake in size? I had it, same size as the Minolta 2/45 and Konica 1.8/40. I Shot all three in comparison and the ML was possibly the sharpest of the three. I sold it for a good price because I was rationalising my kit and I'd already sold my other Yasshica ML lenses (1.9/50, 2.8/28, 2.8/35) but it was a very good lens, it came to me on a Yashica FX-3 bosy which I still have somewhere, not sure if it works.

I agree with the less is more principle, I'm trying to sell a lot of my kit as I'm really only using my Konica SLRs and lenses, my Kiev and Jupiters and my Kiev 6C and CZJ P6 lenses. All the rest can go apart from a small number of gems I keep because I like them.

I'm not sure, but I think we might have covered this before? In any case though Ian, it is not the pancake type lens, it's about
average size for a 50. Your utilization of the Konica-made equipment is wonderful! And of course, the medium format results
from the Kiev and P6 lenses will speak for themselves. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Larry. The pancake NL 2/50 is worth having if you see one, would be nice with one of the light plastic contaxes like the 139 as a fairly pocketable lightweight camera.

I'm really looking forward to using the P6 lenses, will use them with my Kiev 6C for the time being, but a Mamiya 645 is probably whet I will end up with to use with them, the Kiev is a huge and heavy chunk of Soviet steel to drag around.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I especially look forward to seeing the 100mm macro being put into use. A lens that I think will produce incredible results.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
I especially look forward to seeing the 100mm macro being put into use. A lens that I think will produce incredible results.

That is very encouraging, pontus! I am hoping that it will be a decent lens for macro. I do like the 100mm focal for macro
rather than a 50-60mm macro. You can't always go by workmanship, but the lens is REALLY beautifully put together.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on ,Laurence , I'm happy for you !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the theft. I've been absent from this forum for months.. since my best friend was diagnosed with ALS and my S/O survived pneumonia only to be diagnosed with liver cancer.. She's been given a 30% chance of making it through the day a few times since, but has now rallied and is in a skilled nursing rehab center.. It's good to be back but sad to hear news like this.

D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Sorry to hear about the theft. I've been absent from this forum for months.. since my best friend was diagnosed with ALS and my S/O survived pneumonia only to be diagnosed with liver cancer.. She's been given a 30% chance of making it through the day a few times since, but has now rallied and is in a skilled nursing rehab center.. It's good to be back but sad to hear news like this.

D

Welcome back, and hope your luck changes!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence,

I didn't know this happened. That's terrible.

I wish I could help. I've wittled down my lens collection so there are few that might be of your help, but:

I have a Helios 44-2 that is just not being used, and neither is it going to fetch enough money on Ebay to make it worthwhile. Free.
I have a Nikkor-S 50/1.4 that I'm not using… I can give it for below the lowest Ebay prices… $40? Better yet you can take it with the Nikkormat that it's on for $60, if you want another body.
I have an M42 macro bellow that's just rolling on the floor. free.
I do have a beautiful Tair-11A that's really not getting enough use for what it's worth that we might negotiate on.

Let me know if you're interested in any of this.

Good that you are in good spirits. Respect.