Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rare equipment removed from photographic use by collectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboy wrote:
More photos:

http://arsenalphoto.com/ge/product.asp?pid=116339&cat1=12&cat2=294&cat3=2&catx=0&keys=&caty=0&size=&sort=&dir=&pg=

edit: where's the link I posted?

Wow, this is a first! Arse-N-All price was beaten on Ebay! Very Happy

First posters can't post links & pics, it's an anti-spam measure. You'll eb OK from now on.

Last edited by peterqd on Sun May 30, 2010 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks. Do I need any privileges to post links?

edit: Ah ok! Now it can be seen. So it's only the first post where there are no links visible

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Post away! Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, got it.
But for the lens you need to add 19% VAT...

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[22% VAT on the Ebay one! Smile Look at the link in the first post.]

EDIT: My apologies, that's wrong. I was thinking about that seller in Poland.

Last edited by peterqd on Sun May 30, 2010 10:38 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
22% VAT on the Ebay one!

It irks me that VAT should be levied on second-hand goods, since the tax has already been paid on them at the time of new purchase. I thought the whole point of VAT was that it was a value-added tax, and unless they've been refurbished, there's no value added in a second-hand sale.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about other countries but in Finland when a business sells used equipment the lens price is not subjected to VAT.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
I don't know about other countries but in Finland when a business sells used equipment the lens price is not subjected to VAT.

In the UK, there's something called the 'Marginal VAT scheme', where dealers are allowed to raise VAT only on the profit margin element of their second-hand sales, rather than on the whole offer price. They have to register for this scheme, and most do. The only one I know of in the UK that isn't registered under the marginal tax scheme is Robert White. This is a reputable dealer from whom I've bought before, but I'll only buy new from them, because I don't want to pay more tax than I need to, especially on goods where the tax has already been paid by someone else, and RW add full VAT to their used prices too.