Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Product shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Product shots Reply with quote

I have been playing with product photography a little bit. I think I need a tilt-shift lens to get what I really want.

Any thoughts, suggestions, tips, etc...? Thanks!

50mm f4 Flek

Canon 28-80L Embarassed

Auto Sears 55 1.8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the last two are outstanding, though the glass subject is noticeably off-center in the final image.

The first suffers some light reflection on the label; I assume it can be corrected with different light placement/intensity.

I personally wouldn't know what tilt/shift could bring to the equation, though I'd certainly be interested to see!

You seem to be off to a great start, in my opinion. Very nice & detailed images.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

The first one is driving me crazy. This is the one I think a tilt-shift may improve. I want the reflection off the base but I dont want the angle. It's just driving me nuts Evil or Very Mad

The last image was intentional as I typically do not like centered images. It looks bad in my eyes when I see it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots
Nice taming voytek

The tilt shift is really to adjust the DOF more than alter the angle for convenience - ie it would not do a lot for your problem of reflection with #1. Since you have the flek 50/4 I presume you have a P6 adapter. They make a decent tilt mechanism for that mount

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no expert of this type of photography. The objects seem nicely sharp and colourful to me.
Maybe Alessandro can give you more useful insight on this genre.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voytek, I like the framing you have done with this! It looks much better.

Patrickh, Thanks for the insight on the tilt shift. I may just have to play around with shooting angles & focal lengths until I get what I want.

Orio, As always I appreciate your responses. I think you are right- Alessandro does some amazing product work- hopefully he wont mind lending his wisdom.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woooo ....
the lighting is prefect