Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Prices Reply with quote

The new marketplace looks really good, so thanks for the hard work Attila.

Just an observation - very few people seem to be putting prices to their items for sale...this is a bit of a turn off for me! Not sure how anyone else feels?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have same opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A starting price makes more sense.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asking price, with how firm it is...

Also, I notice a difficult-to-find much-sought-after lens for sale there posted by a brand new member without any other posts, and no references provided...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I much prefer the "old" market place

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:

To be sincere, me too.
But Attila has taken his decision for what he believes to be the best for the group, and we should help him through this change.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New marketplace takes some time to learn to use; now I like it much better than the old. Much easier to find items, for one plus. Please do give it some time...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big things can grow from little starting points Very Happy Change is always hard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the items are much easier to find!
I think it's the "colloquial" and friendly, cosy dimension that I miss.
But hey the world doesn't end there Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon me for me a bit off topic. I have another observation, seems like not every ad put photos of the item on sale on it. I think it is not a good practice especially when trying to sell a lens.

I find the new Marketplace refreshing though I am still more comfortable with the old one. I guess it will take some time for me to feel at home with the new Marketplace.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or did the number of items for sale just drop by 90%?

I barely see a few items since the new MP went live and in this time span i'd typically see many many more items for sale on the old MP

Probably the learning curve of using the new marketplace ... ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:

Me too. The reason is simple : My link to MFLenses consist of the link to search new posts, where new topics about MFLenses for sale went out. Now I do not see any more the new lenses for sale, as I need to use an other link. As a result, I went on the new marketplace only one time, and I'm not sure to use it before a while, because it had been completely separated from the forum, and now I had to do all my sales again...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, i prefer the old marketplace too..
more direct contact, better for questions in anyway..

Maybe a question of getting older, but i am not able to register..

Username and password already exist etc.. Isnt it the same as forum.
What do i wrong?

Henry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not tried to sell anything yet - I am not a seller on this platform - MFLENSES.

To sign up for a new accout -- this is not a problem

I have done it already and there is a simple reg form to be filled out and that's it - no hassle whatsoever ..

My vote is for new marketplace - If you wanna sell something - I can not see any problem..

i.e. -- I watched Karabud's Samyang and it was sold - which is a sign that the New MarketPlace is fully working

I definitely didn't like the high volumes of comments in the previous Market Place and hassle related with it.

I think Attila has done a huge job anyway and new 'MARKET PLAZA' has my sympathy .. Smile

tf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
To sign up for a new accout -- this is not a problem

I have done it already and there is a simple reg form to be filled out and that's it - no hassle whatsoever ..
tf

Sorry, but that statement is simply wrong..

If i want to fill in the form, i always get faults during registration start..

either the member already exist, or the email already exist or password already exist.. or all together.

If i try to use "Password forgotten" button, to get either a new password or a password from the records, which is in the mflenses database, no mail was delivered for hours. Why..

I dont want to create a complete new user registration with different names, passwords and email adresses..

Dont understand, but something is wrong to enter Marketplace from my side.. maybe me..?

AFTER 5 or 6 tries, now it works..

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Henry
You are not the only one who has had problems.I think Attila Ok's the new members.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked first time for me, thanks Attila Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,perhaps misunderstanding was because I did confirm users periodically from admin interface and if it is done by me silly software say false error messages when you wan to entry , sorry about that.