Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Price for Mamiya-Sekor Macro C 1:4/80mm with separation?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Price for Mamiya-Sekor Macro C 1:4/80mm with separation? Reply with quote

For a friend I need to sell his Mamiya-Sekor Macro C 1:4/80mm lens. It includes the instruction book which clearly shows that the front group is cemented. I have checked it out and saw that it has edge separation on all sides.

An idea about how bad it is (it looks worse though because of the purple fringing):

You can see the separation at about 4 o'clock.

Now, what would the value be of this lens? It's in a near mint condition and even includes the lens case and all caps (and of course the instruction book). And, before I forget: it also comes with the "Auto Macro Spacer"(extension tube). If I'm not mistaken edge separation is not bad per se - it's still a sharp lens. It's unlikely to be visible in the prints/on screen. But it has effect on the value, but my quiestion would be how much...

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that bad as is and it will 99% not show in any pictures. BUT it will continue to develop, this is the bad side of separation depending on conditions (temperature, humidity and esp. changes thereof), maybe takes months maybe years, but it cannot be stopped.

Effect on value is hard to judge 10-20(-30)% I would say (personally I don't buy lenses with beginning separation at all, not even rare ones), but it finally lies in the decision of a prospect/buyer, how he sees that.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's unfortunate for my friend, Klaus, but thank you very much for the information.

Still, a ballpark figure would be nice.