Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PRICE DOWN: Rare Carl Zeiss Planar 135mm f2, Mint Condition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: PRICE DOWN: Rare Carl Zeiss Planar 135mm f2, Mint Condition Reply with quote

Dear all,

No need to tell you more about the exceptional item I'm putting on sale today: the rare and famous Zeiss 135mm f2.
The gem is in perfect condition, sold with front/rear caps + pouch.

Can ship to Europe, UK, Switzerland and North Am. (am actually living close to Geneva).

For those interested, or if you need any more information, you may want to submit offers by email to omarciot@gmail.com

Sorry but for whichever reason the pic I'm trying to attach is not loading.... We'll happily send it by email to you guys.

Cheers,

Olivier

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1150/mg9792.jpg

Last edited by Phoenixx on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: For sale: Rare, Carl Zeiss Planar 135mm f2, Mint Conditi Reply with quote

Phoenixx wrote:
Dear all,

No need to tell you more about the exceptional item I'm putting on sale today: the rare and famous Zeiss 135mm f2.
The gem is in perfect condition, sold with front/rear caps + pouch.

Can ship to Europe, UK, Switzerland and North Am. (am actually living close to Geneva).

For those interested, or if you need any more information, you may want to submit offers by email to omarciot@gmail.com

Sorry but for whichever reason the pic I'm trying to attach is not loading.... We'll happily send it by email to you guys.

Cheers,

Olivier

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1150/mg9792.jpg

Hi,

This is an anti-spam feature for people with only one post ...

BTW, it would be nice of you could present yourself a bit ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed Indianadinos... should provide you guys with a bit of a personal presentation. Smile

My name is Olivier, and I live in the Alps part of France, at the Swiss border close to Geneva.

Have started photography few years ago and rapidly became addict... One of my fav subjects are thunderstorms, which we tend to chase as you do in the US, but on a shorter scale I suppose Wink

Am the happy owner of a 5dmkII, equiped with various optics, such as 17-40, 70-200 f4, tokina 24-70 2.6-2;8 on the digital side, and Yashica 50 1.7, 28mm 2.8, 135 2.8, Zeiss 50 1.7, Zeiss 50 1.4 on the old-fashion style... + the 135mm currently on sale to fund a new apn... ( and I must admit i've found much of the information I needed in here, to find my way through the M42 and else subtilities of mixing old lenses to digit. mounts jungle Wink)

Some of my shots can be found here, where you'll find complimentary pictured illustration of the rest of my short resume.... Wink

http://olivier.marciot.photography.over-blog.com/

Cheers,

Olivier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Olivier,

how much are you asking for it? From where you ship would I have any problems with the customs?

Regards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your shots are..

staggering Smile

Welcome

Doug

Phoenixx wrote:
Indeed Indianadinos... should provide you guys with a bit of a personal presentation. Smile

My name is Olivier, and I live in the Alps part of France, at the Swiss border close to Geneva.

Have started photography few years ago and rapidly became addict... One of my fav subjects are thunderstorms, which we tend to chase as you do in the US, but on a shorter scale I suppose Wink

Am the happy owner of a 5dmkII, equiped with various optics, such as 17-40, 70-200 f4, tokina 24-70 2.6-2;8 on the digital side, and Yashica 50 1.7, 28mm 2.8, 135 2.8, Zeiss 50 1.7, Zeiss 50 1.4 on the old-fashion style... + the 135mm currently on sale to fund a new apn... ( and I must admit i've found much of the information I needed in here, to find my way through the M42 and else subtilities of mixing old lenses to digit. mounts jungle Wink)

Some of my shots can be found here, where you'll find complimentary pictured illustration of the rest of my short resume.... Wink

http://olivier.marciot.photography.over-blog.com/

Cheers,

Olivier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Shipping from France to Portugal shouldn't be a problem, thanks EU! Wink

Concerning the price, and after double checking on the bay, the lowest existing price for the lens is $1500 (i.e 1050). Asking for 900 euros + shipping given the excellent condition of the product would make sense...

Talk to you soon,

Cheers,

Olivier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Olivier. As you said you are really close to Geneve I didn't know if you are 100% in France hehe.

Unfortunally the price is too high for me right now. Best luck selling it!

Regards,
Ivo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

Well, as mentionned in my original post, am ready to get bids... What would be a reasonnable price for you to pay then?

Cheers,

O.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Olivier!
What is the serial number?
We, Zeiss addicts, have a strange need to know the S/N before buying...

Your thunderstorm photos are amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier, till I sell the Angenieux I can't buy anything for now :S

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pheonixx, all sales here are for worldwide sale also. Naturally buyers will pay shipping.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

First of all, thanks a lot for your comments on my shots! Chasing thunderstorms is exciting, and when you manage to catch one of these beauties the way you wanted to, it's just extremely gratifying... Smile I unfortunately did not have enough spare time to update regularly the past few months, but don't hesitate to visit again, this shall be fixed soon Smile

Regarding the S/N, should have put it straight away Wink its: 5976296

Cheers,

Olivier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening all,

Looks like providing the S/N hasn't helped ... Wink lol

Noone interested by the precious one then?

Cheers,

Olivier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenixx wrote:
Good evening all,
Looks like providing the S/N hasn't helped ... Wink lol

I was impressed by the photo...
But I already have one.
What I had forgotten is the fact that it is in mint condition (almost).
And the serials are very close (5.86X.XXX).

So, better save money because the colapse of the global financial system is imminent...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback... Looking at your signature I thought you wanteed to upgrade from the 135mm 2.8 to the 2.0... Wink

Anyone else interested in the Gem? Thought you big Zeiss fans would love the offer... Sad

Cheers,

Olivier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum Olivier.
great photos indeed, great site too. Good luck for the sale

sorry, off topic:

nkanellopoulos wrote:

So, better save money because the colapse of the global financial system is imminent...

please help me to understand this:
if the financial system collapses the worth of money would gravitate towards 0, which would not make it a smart move to rather keep money, no?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:

sorry, off topic:

nkanellopoulos wrote:

please help me to understand this:
if the financial system collapses the worth of money would gravitate towards 0, which would not make it a smart move to rather keep money, no?

You are correct, in general.

However, I can only buy my medication in cash.
Which means I need to have some savings in case I get fired,
or the country goes bankrupt, or changes its currency, or the Euro collapses altogether, or...

Imagine a dialogue at the pharmacy:
"How much insulin would you give me for this rare Zeiss lens?".
Black humor...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkanellopoulos wrote:

Imagine a dialogue at the pharmacy:
"How much insulin would you give me for this rare Zeiss lens?".
Black humor...

time you looked for a pharmacists who is a passionate photographer Wink
it's sad..but I remember a violin in my family which nobody knew to play, until it was given to a grandchild some 10 years ago. During WWII someone 'from the city' had come to trade it for a few kgs of meat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, stick to the topic, or go to Dive Bar.
Stick to the topic means PM to the seller.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Guys, stick to the topic, or go to Dive Bar.
Stick to the topic means PM to the seller.

Yes Sir !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES SIR
have been feeling guilty since the beginning, but was genuinely interested ( at least the answers brought the thread up to the top )
Moderator could remove all the off topic replies, resp. we could agree on deleting them ourselves

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

In light of new financial needs, price is lowered to 750 Euros, hence 30% off of street price... Shocked

Any takers?

Cheers,

Olivier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier please don't change title next time, url generated from title and if you change it genuine link will be broken link and this is not good in Google. It's push back forum.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila: Sorry about that, will not happen again Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenixx wrote:
Attila: Sorry about that, will not happen again Smile

Thank you for your understanding!