Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Portraits
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Portraits Reply with quote

More portraits.
Minolta SRT-101,Rokkor 50/1.2, Ilford Pan-F Plus ISO 50

This portrait was here earlier.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful.
Second one most!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
Beautiful.
Second one most!

+1, great one!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this Rokkor... Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way this lens renders the skin is fantastic. I rarely saw better lens for portraits.
At the same time, the bokeh highlights are on the ugly side (at least for my taste).
For this reason, I love #1, while #2 and #3 suffer from eye-catching bokeh in my opinion.
I would crop the second image to be head-only. That would be a great head shot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The way this lens renders the skin is fantastic. I rarely saw better lens for portraits.
At the same time, the bokeh highlights are on the ugly side (at least for my taste).
For this reason, I love #1, while #2 and #3 suffer from eye-catching bokeh in my opinion.
I would crop the second image to be head-only. That would be a great head shot.

I foun this bokeh very attractive and dynamic, but it depends from bacground objects, in these pictures in background is dark leafs and overexposed sky Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine compositions. The bright lens plus the pan 50 ( which is quite detailed film ) is perfect for this kind of shots, and architecture as well. The b&w is great too, if it's home developed congrats : )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Fine compositions. The bright lens plus the pan 50 ( which is quite detailed film ) is perfect for this kind of shots, and architecture as well. The b&w is great too, if it's home developed congrats : )

ThankS!
I don`t know why, but these shot are little too grainy for ISO 50, maybe some mistake in developing..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shauttra wrote:
hexi wrote:

ThankS!
I don`t know why, but these shot are little too grainy for ISO 50, maybe some mistake in developing..

I think that it depends on your grain taste. My scans of this film looks nice grainy. Not too much but not less grainy as Delta 100 could say. I belive there is difference in layers of film.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I like this type of grain. Not really visible, but slightly diffusing tones, that's good for portrait.

Development makes a world of difference for grain. A slow film may even end being grainier than a faster film due to development.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a large silver copy from 2 portrait on Ilford Multigrade paper, and it looks so nice!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
Beautiful.
Second one most!

+1, excellent light on the #2 Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shauttra wrote:
I made a large silver copy from 2 portrait on Ilford Multigrade paper, and it looks so nice!!

Would like to see it, but I know it's impossible. I tried to scan my own prints, but they lose most if not all of the magic in the scanning process. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the bottom shot, too ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the last two, beautiful.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a portrait done with a 100 iso film, a Fomapan, and under the enlarger the grain was quite visible, i just wait to enlarge a pushed film ^^

by the way my fav is the first , just for the expression