Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Portrait Session | Leica, Hasselblad, Contax | Tokyo Japan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Portrait Session | Leica, Hasselblad, Contax | Tokyo Japan Reply with quote

Hi, just thought I'd post a recent portrait session. All shot on film with a Leica M7, Hasselblad 500CM, and Contax 645. Comments are very welcome, if anyone would not like me to post this kind of stuff here please let me know.

Please view my website link (not blog) below and look in the portrait galleries for more photos from this session.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the last three best, which lenses?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, with #3 you had some difficult lighting going on but you compensated for it very well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on #3. Also like Klaus - which lenses?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it would be nice to know which camera/lens was used for each photo. I also like #3 and can appreciate the difficulty. I like the model too Cool

Moleman, your tag line cracks me up. Mostly because I tend to resemble that remark!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Portrait Session | Leica, Hasselblad, Contax | Tokyo Jap Reply with quote

St Clair Photography wrote:
... Leica M7, Hasselblad 500CM, and Contax 645. ...

WOW!

The shots are great, BTW.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Wow, with #3 you had some difficult lighting going on but you compensated for it very well.

+3
nice series!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work! I love #3 for its veiling flare, it was a good use of the flare in this particular image. Also #4 is pretty neat, with its swirling bokeh, which snaps the subject forward nicely.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. These were all Hasselblad 500 CM, Zeiss Planar T* 80mm f/2.8, and Fuji Pro 400H film.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure? Does not look like a Planar at all (esp. #4) - I have never seen a Planar swirl!!

Last edited by kds315* on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
themoleman342 wrote:

+3
nice series!

+4. Great use of flare.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Are you sure? Does not look like a Planar at all (esp. #4) - I have never seen a Planar swirl!!

Yes very sure, looking at the lens right now. My Zeiss Planar T* 80mm f/2 on my Contax doesn't usually get any swirl, but seems like the f/2.8 on the Blad does, it's good for me! I have one that does and one that doesn't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 2th pic, strong 3D effection Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the controlled flare in #3, and this subject matter is ALWAYS
welcomed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #2 for the innovative composition and #3 for the warm feeling.

#4 and #5 could use a more precise focusing. It's a pity because composition of #5 was nice.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few more shot with a Leica M7 and Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.1.