Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Polywarmtone paper project
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Polywarmtone paper project Reply with quote

Just came across this effort by ADOX to revive production of a popular photo paper. It seems they bought the equipment from forte when it stopped production but need preorders to gauge demand before they move the kit to Berlin and make some.

http://www.polywarmton.com/index.html

The variety of commercial papers available for the darkroom has all but collapsed in recent years, so I think ADOX, as one of the few survivors, should be encouraged.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in !!
I will surely support there guys. They are doing a great effort to save this olp paper.
Thanks for the info !

P.S. moved to "News! forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I guess it is news! Any other 'darksiders' out there?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read everything and I have a problem with the thing as it's being organized.
I am asked to "committ to purchase" a given quantity of paper, but I am not told how much the prices.
A committment is something different from showing interest, they say that at a given moment they will send an invoice based on what I ordered... but I can not committ to buy something if I don't know the price.

I am sorry because this is a project that deserves.
But they have to organize it differently. Put a price tag on stuff. Then I will order for how much I know I can spend.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say the price won't be any more than the going rate, at the time it comes to market, of similar paper. That was OK for me so I could go for a couple of boxes.
Although I think they'd group it with the prices of Ilford stuff rather than let's say Foma.