Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please help identify Dallmeyer 3" 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Please help identify Dallmeyer 3" 3.5 Reply with quote

Seriously I have spent a couple of hours trying to search for this specific lens, any information or manufacturing data would be appreciated.

it doesnt have focus adjust and even though it's a 16mm lens the back element extends very far out.

Many thanks for any info

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked my Dallmeyer catalogs, no luck!

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for having a look Klaus, there was one reference made on another site for the "A Lens Collector's Vade Mecum" the guy had a different lens that did have focus adjust but looked very similar in the styling they had used and that was made in the late 20's from what he said.

Really want to know if this lens is even older............. Rolling Eyes

Bought it for $3 on a local auction site, had a bit of fungus that I managed to clean off quite nicely but it extends out too far to be used on my micro 4/3 camera and i don't want to start filling down the back to try.

The lettering is pretty cool on it too Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per the Lens Vademecum:

"Anastigmat f3.5 13-75mm This was made on Ensign and on Filmo, and there was an f3.5 for B&H
Filmo etc. It seems the Anastigmat was made in f3.5 as 13-75mm in all for 8 and 16mm cameras with
standard mounts in:
1.5in, f4.0; 3in, f3.5; 3in, f4.0; 3.75in, f3.3; 4.0in, f3.5; 4.0in, f4.5; 6in, f3.5, f4.5, f5.6; 10in f4.5, f5.6; 12in, f4.5,
f5.6; up to 40in f8.0."

And also:

"Lenses for Magazine Cine Kodak These were noted in B.J.A. 1938, p304 in 2-12in, the f3.5/3in noted was
in black. They were in focusing mounts with stops to f32."

I guess it's the latter... No information on lens design though. It would have been helpful if you had mentioned the serial number.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks again for the info. will put up the serial number once I get back home.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy, so the serial number is rather short: 206614

not sure if I am going to keep the lens at this point, I have a maikar 75mm 1.9 C mount that i use but its about as long as my Pentacon 135mm 2.8 plus MFT adaptor.

wanted something shorter but the lack of focus adjust and the fact that I'll have to file down quite a bit of the back retainer ring for it to work on my camera puts me off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would indeed make it a mid-1930's lens. Too bad about the protruding part; would it fit on my Pentax Q?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate the info Cool when I tried to put it on my MFT camera it made contact with either the sensor or the lip just before the sensor so I didn't keep trying to mount it cause I thought the shutter would hit it when in operation!! considering you can use D mount lenses on the Pentax Q there is a good chance it would work but I'm not to sure what the shutter design looks like on the Q, putting it up for auction on my local Auction site down here in South Africa for $25.00 equivalent, if anyone is interested please have a look!! there are more pictures available on the site Very Happy