Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Planar 1.7/50 bokeh et c.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Planar 1.7/50 bokeh et c. Reply with quote

in a moment of spare time I decided that I wanted to test the bokeh of the Planar 1.7/50.
I took some pics and in there ended up also a couple that are not bokeh related:

http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/planar1750bokeh/planar1750.htm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strewth, the white cat shot really does look 3D ; remarkable. I guess the composition helps the effect, what with the cat sitting near the apex of the triangle, but that Planar 50 is a mean lens, and it's one of my favourites.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The #7 gives me vertigo too... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good test ! and crazy rendition of this lens. i'm even more impatient now to test it.

the cat from above is the best shot, but all the pix at full aperture are quite amazing in terms of blur.
i hate the word "bokeh" by the way Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An amazing lens.

I don't use it a lot because I have his big brother, but the results of this lens are impressive.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a really nice lense Orio.