Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Petri 28, first roll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Petri 28, first roll Reply with quote

Using expired Efke KB 400 which Voytek sent me a link and found out it
is actually rebadged Ilford HP5+. I dev'd this roll in Thornton's 2-Bath
homebrew:

I'm going to get some HP5+, hope it does the same with the homebrew developer. I have a hood for the lens, but forgot to bring it, too bad.
Film expired in 2003 and I had taken it out of the refrigerator several times with the intention of shooting it, probably not a good thing. lol

I posted a pic of the camera on Voytek's thread in the Rangefinder section. I was worried about film advance issues, but there were no
overlaps.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks ok. will look better with that hood. good subject matter.
i'm on my third roll with my minolta A5, this time with a snappy vented hood ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
looks ok. will look better with that hood. good subject matter.
i'm on my third roll with my minolta A5, this time with a snappy vented hood ...

Thanks, too kind, actually I'm pretty sick of the subject matter. This
marks the last pictures posted for a while maybe quite awhile. I have some trips coming up this spring, will see what happens.

Thanks for your comment, looking forward to seeing more of your
efforts with the Minolta.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look fine if I consider these conditions... last one especially. Looks like have own idea.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which park is that in huntsville? for a total break with the city, go to the walls of jericho on the tennesee line, maybe on up to sewanee in franklin county (that is where i grew up), maybe the grist mill in salem, the flint river in new market ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spleenone, thanks, the last was just a test for bokeh.

Fish4570, this is Big Spring Park, downtown Huntsville. In the fast car
shot, that is Von Braun Center off to the left in the photo, named after
the godfather of NASA.

Thanks for your suggestions, I've done the Flint River, but will check out
a few of your other suggestions. Time is my enemy right now for traveling.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i'm familiar with the park and the vbcc. will be there weekend after this for state wrestling tournament. my wife will be one of the official scorers, but we'll be rooting for oak grove high school in the small school division ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Petri 28, first roll Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

Film expired in 2003 and I had taken it out of the refrigerator several times with the intention of shooting it, probably not a good thing. lol

So I'm not the only one that does that, Laughing
Good pics, not served well by the film I think. I've never been a fan of the HP5.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Petri 28, first roll Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Katastrofo wrote:

So I'm not the only one that does that, Laughing
Good pics, not served well by the film I think. I've never been a fan of the HP5.

Orio, now you tell me, I ordered some rolls of HP5+! Laughing Oh well, will
see what happens. I also ordered Legacy Pro (me-too Neopan) and
Acros in 120.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, don't listen to Orio Rolling Eyes what does he know about film Laughing HP5 is good stuff, I prefer it to the Kodak because it's not as pesky curly. I think you'll love the aka Neopan & Acros, I can't figure out how Fuji does it. Usually the cheapest name brand film AND the best.

I really like the photos you got from the cam/film/developer - there's a good feeling of detail and a nice long tone curve, the grain's lovely... and what's this about quitting till Spring? Wink Guess you just don't get along with Winter...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Guess you just don't get along with Winter...

Jussi, I used to get along with winter back home near Canada. I remember being able to x-country ski to the small grocery store my
parents had an account when I was a kid. This year the home area got cheated out of snow (even Spokane got more snow which almost never happens).

Thanks. Wink