Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax 645 intermittent problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Pentax 645 intermittent problem Reply with quote

The Pentax 645 I bought appears to have a problem Crying or Very sad

Basically, it appears that in P mode there is a 50% chance that the camera selects the smallest f/stop (f/22) during exposure, even though the camera shows a much larger f/stop in the viewfinder. So, at least 50% of the pictures are badly underexposed (near black). If the camera does not select f/22 all by itself, then the shots are perfectly exposed.

The lens does not seem to be a problem, as all lenses I tried behave the same. So it must be on the body side.

Any ideas? Is there a communication problem between the lenses and the body?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it select f/22 and not a too much high speed ? Sometimes my K100D has this problem (altough the speed on external screen is right) and I got beautiful black shots Confused

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Are you sure it select f/22 and not a too much high speed ? Sometimes my K100D has this problem (altough the speed on external screen is right) and I got beautiful black shots Confused

No, I actually made a few self portraits to see the diaphragm close, and I saw that it closed completely.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm... are you speaking when the diaphragm ring is in the "A" position right? Are you sure it's correctly fixed in that position? Have you tried with other Pentax 645 lens?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suspicion is along those lines - the mount sensor for aperture setting may be sticky on the camera, or otherwise unable to sense the lens is set to A instead of f/22.

Erm. Replace "sticky" by "bad electrical contact",,, Try cleaning the contacts on the camera mount - as the problem occurs on multiple lenses, unless they all are dirty in the same way, it's probably the camera.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Yes, the lenses are in "A".

I'll try to clean the contacts and report back my findings.