Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 200mm f4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson wrote:
Sorry

For my Pentacon (do not know if pre set is designed the same)

first :
unscrew the 3 screws on this ring

Wow! Mine is the older pre-set version and it's completely different. There aren't any screws to unscrew that I can see, and the diaphragm that I can't get at has 15 blades! But thanks very much for this great advice Nelson, especially the pictures. I'm sure it will help someone else.

Quote:
ps : i believe my lens had already been opened...

That's so often true. I've had 3 or 4 lenses like that. I always try to look at the screwheads and the lens ring in the auction pictures to see if there are any signs of damage.

Thanks for your help anyway! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 200mm F4 Reply with quote

I have got the same preset lens and i have the diafradma blades out of the rail. The only screws i can find are screws under the interchangeble mount. I don't know if unscrewing these wil make it possible to dismantel the lens

Gerrit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentacon 200mm F4 Reply with quote

Gerrit wrote:
I have got the same preset lens and i have the diafradma blades out of the rail. The only screws i can find are screws under the interchangeble mount. I don't know if unscrewing these wil make it possible to dismantel the lens

Gerrit

Thanks Gerrit, but it doesn't help I'm afraid. The three screws under the mount just hold the base of the mount and once this is removed there are no more screws. I can see a ring round the inner barrel deep inside the lens, which has a grub screw and a couple of holes for a lens spanner. I loosened the grub screw, but I couldn't move the ring and it's very difficult to reach. The rear lens element unscrews, exposing the blades, but there's no way I can see to dismantle them. I've also removed the front lens ring and element, but there's still another layer of glass in front of the blades and I can't see how to remove that either!! Mad

I should throw the lens away, but it's a such super puzzle! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning with Pentacon 200

(a few "over exposed" (? is it the right term in english ?) on white)

Last edited by Nelson on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!! She is of the same race as my Melissa! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! I love this lens!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still in awe of those of you who dismantle a lens - and can then actually put it back together again! Those are nice pictures Nelson, and the cat is a charmer

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photo Nelson. The subdues colours and the careful blur give a sense of intimacy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice Nelson. I love this choice of composure. The OOF are is so smooth and easy. Great shot Cool
http://323i.e30.free.fr/galerie/MF/Pentacon200/pentacon200.jpg