Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panorama with Tokina 17/3.5 and E-P2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Panorama with Tokina 17/3.5 and E-P2 Reply with quote

My humble attempt at a panorama using the above mentioned combination. I used Hugin, the open source software for stitching on mac.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems soft to me .Can you post some of the frames that you stitched? Maybe the program induced that softness.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks sharp enough to me?

Doug

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At full size is super soft, strange, because the Tokina 17mm is a sharp lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soft, me sees the same.
Questions: did you stop it down? did you use live view,assuming that you have it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for comments. I spotted immediately after posting that it looked soft at full size. Not sure why but on my nex 5 this lens is really good. I focused at infinity but this is first time on ep2. I think this was taken at f8 or 5.6. I will look at individual frames and post later.

Just one question. Could the circular polariser have introduced the softness? Or is more likely that I missed focus?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Thanks all for comments. I spotted immediately after posting that it looked soft at full size. Not sure why but on my nex 5 this lens is really good. I focused at infinity but this is first time on ep2. I think this was taken at f8 or 5.6. I will look at individual frames and post later.

Just one question. Could the circular polariser have introduced the softness? Or is more likely that I missed focus?

Looks like a focus miss if you ask me, even not cheap pola filters can produce that soft images. But still, the image was lovely Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:

Please , the frames that you stitched are also soft when you look at them separately? Maybe you can post one . I suspect it could be an effect of the soft that you used for stitching.
And f8 on m4/3 isn't the limit of difraction?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that you were unable to reach infinity with the lens. Am I wrong here - ?

What about the adapter?

There is a sing of some sharpness in the bottom right corner - a few details are slightly sharper than the entire picture.

tf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the original shots are also very soft. I think that the lens was either not mounted properly or the combination of the kiwifoto adapter and this lens won't reach infinity. Or the other possibility is that somehow I missed the focus. I have another close focus shot that I took moment earlie and it is pretty sharp.

The adapter works absolutely fine with my canon fl 55/1.2 and 50/1.4 so I will try again next weekend to check if it works fine at infinity with this Tokina and report back. Thanks again for your comments, apologies for not checking before posting.

Here's one sample from the panorama shot.