Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PANAGOR Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: PANAGOR Lenses Reply with quote

I was given a Cosina Hi-Lite camera which I was happy to see was an M42 mount, It has a Cosinon 50mm 1.8 on the camera and had 2 other lenses which I can find little info on. They are PANAGOR......... Panagor auto tele 135mm f2.8 and Panagor auto tele 200mm f3.5. both have built in hoods.
anyone tried them? or have any info on them?
cheers.
tommy

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My panagor 135mm is slightly different - doesn't have a hood. Excellent handling, nice and sharp stopped down, cool colours. Some pics here.
Although panagor tends to be associated with kino optical (kiron), they certainly sourced lenses from elsewhere, most specifically komine.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are made by Kiron. Very nice build quality but uncommon to find working copies - the apertures are usually glues solid by deteriorated lubricants and the helicals are usually very stiff. I've had both these lenses (had the 200mm twice) and never been able to test them due to this. Kiron used a lubricant that turns to liquid after a while and it ruins the mechanicals. They are not easy lenses to take apart for cleaning either.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still have a 135mm f2.8 Panagor AI. I got it about 15-20 years ago for my daughter. It worked well with film. We enough that it served its purpose ad a Nikkor decoy.

While not the Nikkor 125mm f2.8, the Panagor was a good performer, sharp and clear, and well manufactured . It is still in great condition. Not bad considering the 50mm Nikkor from that kit is no longer round. It sill works but is moderately "oval" .

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Very nice build quality but uncommon to find working copies - the apertures are usually glues solid by deteriorated lubricants and the helicals are usually very stiff.

I have Panagor 28mm 2.8, 135mm 2.8, 200mm 3.5 and 80-200mm 4.5 zoom.
All with good working aperture and smooth focusing. So I am not that negative about the lubricants used by Kiron.

I have perfect working macro lenses 55mm 2.8 and 90mm 2.8 Panagors too, but that lenses seem to be made by Komine.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an old topic with some samples of my 2.8/135. It's a nice lens.
http://forum.mflenses.com/testing-panagor-pmc-2-8-135-m42-t55293,highlight,%2Bpanagor+%2B2+%2B8+%2B135.html

I also have the 35mm f/2.0 and the 28mm f/2.5, both are like new and 100% in working order.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply's. the aperture and focusing are fine and build quality is solid, tried a few pics this morning with the 135mm, will post pics shortly.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

few pics taken this morning at work at 5.30am with the 135mm..