Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

one pic from Carl Zeiss Contax 35mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I will have to take a pass on this lens. It is not sharp enough or smooth enough. Hand me the "Cannon" L version please Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

..Zeiss Contax is the King sorry Cannon your barrel is empty Crying or Very sad Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio's gallery shows how the Zeiss 35mm f1.4 depicts an enclosing, wrapping space realistically, like an expanse of goods spread under the market tents, or people or buildings at different distances. I thought of using the dof it for people sitting in chairs. It works but I had to learn to put the focus on the eyes, not rely on dof entirely.

Andy, you could try your Zuiko 21mm f2 for the same things. "Dimensionality", is that what you call it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Orio is using film or full-sized sensor, I would have to use the Zeiss Distagon 21mm f2.8 for the dof on wrap around subjects as in Orio's 35mm f1.4 shots. I have 35/1.4 but its equivalent to 60mm fov on Sigma SD14.

Anybody know what Leica 15mm f2.8 will do? I can't find any gallery. I don't think Zeiss wides are great below 21mm.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDodds wrote:
If Orio is using film or full-sized sensor, I would have to use the Zeiss Distagon 21mm f2.8 for the dof on wrap around subjects as in Orio's 35mm f1.4 shots. I have 35/1.4 but its equivalent to 60mm fov on Sigma SD14.

Yes, I used full frame in those pictures. With smaller sensors, the DOF gets deeper, so as theory goes, you are able to encompass more space inside the in-focus area by use of a crop sensor camera.