Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old flektogon 35/2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Old flektogon 35/2,8 Reply with quote

Such Flektogon M42 is on sale for 135 €. Is it worth the money?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although prices have risen on this particular flektogon, that is still high. There is no advantage over this and a mir 1.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila images look really good. Well, it might want to buy.

Are all mirs same. Slightly Several types are sold. I guess Mir1 hit 5D mirror so it does not work

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Flek focuses a lot closer than the Mir though doesn't it?

This is well overpriced either way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I don't think this one does. The zebra and MC f2.4 versions do have an impressive close focus though. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

There are several mir 1 varieties. The older chrome ones are said to perform better than the black Mir 1Vs. In practical use, I haven't seen much of a difference. Yes, I guess if they hit the mirror, they're out as an option.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Quote:

I don't think this one does. The zebra and MC f2.4 versions do have an impressive close focus though. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right ... The Flek 35/2.4 focuses down to 24cm, while the zebra version 35/2.8 focuses down to 18cm only ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read somewhere around the good 'ol internet that MIR-1 is a nicer optical formula than the Flek:

Quote:
Outstanding objective it is Mir-1. It have developed we in 1954 on the basis of the optical diagram Of flektogon of Dr. g. tsel'ner (GDR). In contrast to the objective Of flektogon, in which are used lanthanum heavy crowns, we used simple optical glass. at the same time we succeeded herself in more completely correcting the spherical aberration of higher orders and all chromatic aberrations in the region of the spectrum from G ' (l=434,1 nm) to C (l=656,3 nm), in particular the chromatic aberrations of the rays of wide oblique pencils, which led to an improvement in the quality of optical image... [ p. 457

True or not, I bet the Flek will never beat the price-quality ratio against the MIR, as all Russian copies tend to to anyway.

The price on that is easily explained on the fact that it is the M42 version and of course, it has Zeiss written...
We are a bit offtopic aren't we?..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the really old Mir-1 models focus close then? I had a Mir-1 which only went to 70cm as far as I remember, which was a shame.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Old flektogon 35/2,8 Reply with quote

muddus wrote:
Such Flektogon M42 is on sale for 135 €. Is it worth the money?

I think 135 EUR is a kind of upper price barrier for alu Flek. But for better looking sample then yours and with trustworthy seller where there is no doubt what you'll get (clean and healthy one). My alu has 0,36cm min. focusing on scale so that is less then zebra but nice anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge the m39 and m42 mir 1s, 1B(V)s, and 1W(sh)s all have that 70cm minimum focus distance. The exception is the Mir 1A which is 24cm. Same optical design though.

The chrome flek does focus closer! Good to know.