Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OK, so maybe I AM interested in a digital SLR ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is quite a beautiful shot with that 135 & K100D. I too love the action on my older Takumar lenses with the aperture toward the front of the lens along with my other brands. For some reason the viewfinder on my K100D is significantly brighter than those on my verious film cameras with the same lenses. I think it might be the split prism focusing screens but from what I have read people have the same level of light in the viewfinder with that type of focusing screen in a K100D too. I may have to get one and try it.
Alan.

Transit wrote:
Oh all right Smile
This is a huge crop, on extension tubes, in the wind Smile
This puppy is such a joy to use. I set the preset stop, focus wide open, close her down with the silky smooth second ring and shoot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kacansas03 wrote:
That is quite a beautiful shot with that 135 & K100D. I too love the action on my older Takumar lenses with the aperture toward the front of the lens along with my other brands. For some reason the viewfinder on my K100D is significantly brighter than those on my verious film cameras with the same lenses. I think it might be the split prism focusing screens but from what I have read people have the same level of light in the viewfinder with that type of focusing screen in a K100D too. I may have to get one and try it.
Alan.

cheers Smile

I am surprised to hear your assessment of brightness between the K100D and film cameras. The ME view seems huge from memory, but can't remember the brightness difference. I'll have a look in the daylight tomorrow Smile My modded MG focusing screen in the K100D isn't exactly blindingly bright.The mirror can't hold a candle to the prism reputedly .
Pete