Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NOKTOR 50MM F0.95
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, not a super butter bokeh, but i like that. I am going to learn to play "chinese chess" one day... Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokeh is impressionism in photography, but now it's abstract art Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoed one hour ago by Nex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice this marble-bokeh!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uniqe bokeh style

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this one!!!
Arrow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an amazing little lens! Many thanks for the samples Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HKG wrote:
I like this one!!!
Arrow

Fantastic photo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's certainly an interesting lens, I was recently in touch with Andrew from SLR magic because he noticed a post on my blog where I criticised the company for re-badging CCTV lenses and making a huge profit and explained to me that it wasn't quite so simple as that.

I still believe the 26mm and 35mm lenses they make are pretty close to the cheapy CCTV versions in terms real world results but they are produced specifically for SLR Magic to higher tolerances and have better coatings and measures are taken to reduce internal reflections etc so while they are the same basic design they are made specifically for SLR Magic and not just plucked off the line and dropped in an slr magic box.

The Noktor is also based on a machine vision lens but even in it's original form it isn't exactly cheap!

http://www.securitysourcedirect.com/products/senko-advanced-components/senko-advanced-components-vfa5095h

And there's no way you would be able to fit it to a c-mount adapter no matter how much you machined it! SLR Magic bought Noktor after they went kaput and before they re-released the lens they improved the coatings to give better contrast and colour, you can see the difference by comparing the Steve Huff reviews of the old m43 verion and the new NEX version.

If I had the choice I would probably buy the Voigtlander Nokton but it's still a pretty cool lens and the bokeh is extraordinary, sometimes it looks ugly but sometimes it looks really amazing like in those photos of the marbles!

I think the company are gradually releasing better and better stuff, the 12mm f/1.6 really looks like a cctv lens with a wide angle adapter on the front but there's just no way it can be true after seeing the photozone review, not only is it a great performer but the distortion is very low too, it's a pretty damn good lens!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F0.95, brings me to different world.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read KR's "review" and well, he makes good points there but without a bit of more knowledge it is not fair to negatively criticize Noktor or SLR Magic.

Afterall, at the end of the day they are just addressing the crop-sensor fans urges. I have no idea what the result would be when this lenses were used on a full frame sensor, probably very disapointing, but then again, so would a full-frame lens on a medium format and a medium format lens on a large format camera, right?

Maybe it happens that m4/3rds lenses only need as much cover as a CCTV lens, it's nobody's fault.

The return of m4/3rds revealed a world of profitting and no one is pointing a gun to no one's head. People buy "CCTV modified lenses which do not cover full frame sensors" because they want and because they can.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested by GH2

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote