Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-Q 200mm f4 around Faversham
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Nikkor-Q 200mm f4 around Faversham Reply with quote

Goose:

Sheep:

Reed Bunting (crop):

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHARP!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great lens... lovely shoots!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just love that nikkor look. Nice ones Richard.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both lovely, but sheep #1 for me!! Great lens also.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series... I got this lens more than year back and I got Vivitar 200mm f3.5 too around same time.
Vivitar was much better in comparison.. So I never used this lens after...

Seems like I need to take that out... but first, the temp should go above 20F, atleast for a moment... just crazy winter..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sheep, the other ones are good, too. Rural England has its charms in every season.

By the way, the 200mm F4 Nikkor is a very good lens, I have a Pre-Ai version, looking the same as the Ai but lacking the cut-out near the bayonet. It was built between 1975 and 1977, and is a different lens design. Bjřrn Rřrslett recommends the later one very strongly.

I am very happy with that lens, its sharpness is very good I think, and it´s surprisingly cheap to get.

Greetings
Benedikt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, although we did not really need the titles except for the last on Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spkennedy3000 wrote:
Great shots, although we did not really need the titles except for the last on Wink
Male incase you wondered Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Impressive!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great lens, nice series

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenediktW wrote:
I like the sheep, the other ones are good, too. Rural England has its charms in every season.

By the way, the 200mm F4 Nikkor is a very good lens, I have a Pre-Ai version, looking the same as the Ai but lacking the cut-out near the bayonet. It was built between 1975 and 1977, and is a different lens design. Bjřrn Rřrslett recommends the later one very strongly.

I am very happy with that lens, its sharpness is very good I think, and it´s surprisingly cheap to get.

Greetings
Benedikt
I'm not sure why Bjorn is so dismissive of the earlier 200mm to me it's a very nice lens - maybe not exceptional stopped down but it's sharp wide open with good bokeh and dirt cheap - I think I paid under 30 gbp inc shipping for a near mint AI'd copy. oh and it looks groovy Wink