Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-P 180 mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Nikkor-P 180 mm f2.8 Reply with quote

hi everybody this are a set of photos i have take'n with my newest acquisition a Nikkor P 180mm f 2.8 lens (my firs nikkor).
i realy like the lens becuse in comperison with another 180mm lens that i have a CZJ MC f 2.8 is more lighter and heve's reduce dimmensions although in my opinion the zeiss is a bit better .
Camera used Canon 40D all photo's are take'n at f 2.8(cloudy day)

thank for your time

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Wow! All are beautiful! You got better result than me from this lens ! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! nice samples

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your time and your words Very Happy
i also have some some photos taken with the pentacon 300mm f4 from the same day ill post them in another thred
many thanks again

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent photos Arhi!

The Nikkor-P 180mm is in fact the Sonnar in disguise. It was a copy of the Sonnar Wink
There might be minor differences due to the build and materials, but overall the two lenses are the same.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like everybody copied something Zeiss Surprised

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arhi_tectu1 wrote:
Looks like everybody copied something Zeiss Surprised

Well, Zeiss has been the industry leader and innovator from the end of 19th century to the first half of the 20th. It's normal that everybody (including Leica Twisted Evil ) has copied them.
But sometimes the history makes strange circles: take Canon for instance, they modified the Planar scheme to make their best 50mm lens in the Fifties... but then 10 years or so later Zeiss copied Canon's lens (which was a Zeiss derivative) to make the 50mm Planars in the Contarex (and then Contax) line Laughing